cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract

Ellieajones
Joining in

Hi, 

I am on a SIM only contract and would like to cancel it to move to another provider. How do I cancel my current contract and is there usually a notice period? I'd like to transfer my new number over also and know I need to request a PAC code. I haven't yet sorted out my new contract and am just concerned that I'll lose all my data, calls, etc. if I cancel it now.

Any advice would be appreciated, I apologise I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to contracts!

Thanks,
Eleanor

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided you are outside of your minimum contracted term you can PAC out at any time.

Getting the PAC code is the easy bit. I recommend you use the text method 

Taking your number with you? - If you want to take your number with you, you’ll need a Porting Authorisation Code, usually called a PAC. You can get a PAC in one of two ways:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984

Once you have your PAC code give this to your new supplier who will action the transfer of your number. (PAC codes are valid for 30 days)

Once the number transfers then your Virgin account closes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-how-do-i-cancel-my-contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

craigr98
Joining in

Who are you switching to? And what deal did you get?