cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling O2 side of VM while in cooling off period

HB17
Tuning in

So vm broadband did not work out too well for us and we are still in cooling off period. Have cancelled over the phone and also backed it up in writing (mentioning the O2 acc no and saying I needed to cancel this too) which I have sent by RM special delivery next day and will arrive with vm today. 

I was advised on here to contact O2 and make sure that side of it is cancelled so I’ve done that this morning but O2 are refusing to cancel it as they sent the sim out approx 1 month ago (it’s never been used) and they are saying that I should have contacted them within 14 days of receiving the sim. At that point my vm broadband had not even been installed so I didn’t know it would not be right for us. I have said several times that my contract is with vm and as they installed broadband on 9/12 then that is the date that begins our cooling off period but I’m getting nowhere.

Can anyone help me sort this out please? I’ve called vm again who put me through to their O2 team and I got cut off. Maybe the O2 live chat team are not aware of how this vm / o2 bundle thing works. Thanks in advance. 

12 REPLIES 12

O2 actually cancelled mine after I made a complaint. I went straight to O2’s complaints dept by e-mail as I was getting nowhere on the phone with them. Good luck 

What's to stop you just cancelling the O2 direct debit on day 4/5 or whatever ?

I've just been offered one of these packages and neither need nor want an O2 sim but was told it was part of my improved contract, with sums now payable monthly yo both Virgin and O2. The otherwise helpful virgin chap said to pass it onto my daughter for a tenner a month or whatever, but nobody in our household needs an O2 account and I don't see why we should pay £25 pcm for something unnecessary.

My intention is to cancel the O2 DD in the coming days and I can't see how this will affect VM as their DD will be honoured.

Do you see a problem with that course of action ?

Hi buncranaboy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, if you have decided you do not want part of the package then I advise cancelling this while you are in your cooling off period, if you just cancelled the Direct Debit this may cause further issues on the full package and wouldn't cancel anything.

Regards

Paul.