Menu
coppyben
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled a 30 day rolling contract but account still appears open

I cancelled my 30 day rolling contract back on the 2nd January, I've had a bill through but it doesn't say final bill and I've logged in and it appears my account is still open.

I'm now out of the country so wanted this sorted when I called up, should I have recieved an email confirmation? How can i speak to someone without calling the call centre, it'll cost me an arm and a leg to do so, and the phone should be cancelled.

Thanks

0 Kudos
coppyben
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled a 30 day rolling contract but account still appears open

I'm a bit miffed that the call centre didn't cancel it when they said they had. bloke gave me all this spiel about thanking me for my custom. can't be doing with incurring extra charges when i can't even use the phone
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You'll Never Leave.jpg

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coppyben,

Thanks for your post, the bill would not be titled 'Final Bill' when this is received and it would appear like any other bill on your account. Was the 2nd January when your mobile contract cancelled or was this the date you provided the 30 days notice to cancel?

Thanks

Lucy

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
coppyben
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

the guy in the call centre said the final bill would say final bill on it, is this not true?

The 2nd January was when i called up and gave the 30 days notice. My online account is showing that I've had the data roll over to the next period. The latest bill i received was for the normal amount. It doesn't look like the account will be closing, should there be some info on my online profile or anything to say it will be closing?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Coppyben, 

The tariff would cancel on your next refresh date after giving the 30 days notice.

Nathan

0 Kudos