Menu
PeterFour
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Contract During Cool Off Period but got Charged

Good Morning,

I took a contract with Virgin Mobile but ended up cancelling during the cool off period, but I just noticed I got a Direct Debit taken from my account.

Is it something that will get refunded or do I need to do something ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelled Contract During Cool Off Period but got Charged

Hi PeterFour, 

Very sorry that you've had a payment taken for a cancelled contract, I know you'll be keen to get this back. 

I'd need to check the account to ensure it's been closed and no further payments will be taken, therefore I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Coker26
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I signed up for a contract last thursday, I ordered the black Friday deal where you get a Sony Experia phone and a PS4 for £19.99. I got a message back asking for more information so called the call centre to find out why. I was told I couldn't have that deal but could have another one which came with a Samsung phone and an Amazon fire tablet. I'm not great on the phone so I kind of felt obliged to take it out even though I didnt really want that deal. Delivery was arrange for the next day but I was shocked when I found out my phone had been sent to the wrong address, it wasn't even in the city I live in! I tried the text message service but spent an hour trying to verify who I was only to be told I couldn't cancel using that service and would have to ring up. So I did. When she did the lady flagged the phone as missing but told me I wouldn't be able to make any changes to my contract until they heard from the back office because the phone was lost. I've been without a phone for 3 days so far and have to wait another 4. Not only this but I've had a bill! I've not even got the phone or had it for a decent amount of time. I just want to cancel the whole thing! When I call the number you get pressured to stay and for someone with mental health problems its not good. I didnt think I would have so many problems and at the end of it I dont even get the bundle I want. There should be changes to when people want to cancel. Sure its good for Virgin but its not fair being pressured to stay when you don't want to. Can someone please help me out and if I get told to ring a number I will scream! Many thanks Nick

0 Kudos
Pattaya
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I too cancelled contract in the cooling off period and sent the phone back using Virgin Mobile packaging and labelling.But to no avail they said they haven't received the phone back from there asseser company so therefore I am paying for the phone and tariff every month. Its still ongoing from the 27th October 2018.Royal Mail have told me that I am not the sender but Virgin Mobile and are responsible tracking the lost phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coker26, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about the experience you're having regarding your mobile account, I can appreciate the frustration this must be causing you. 

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

Has this been resolved since your post?

If not then don't panic, I'm sure we can get this sorted. Just Pop me a personal message and I'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pattaya, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

It's disappointing to hear that you're also having a similar issue. 

Have you been in touch with the team since your post as you mentioned this is on going, has a complaint been raised?

Let me know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Pattaya
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Since my last blog Virgin mobile have given me a goodwill jester of £9.00 of my forth coming bill but still being charged £21.00 for part payment of a phone I no longer have.Ive sent back in there packaging and labelling. im a 72 year old man living for 12 years with prostate cancer ,Heart failure,Rheaumatide Arthritis and more im thinking of contacting Mcmillian nurses etc for help.If it wasn't for a agent named Kirtsy I am on my own fighting a big company .I pay virgin media £65.00 per month for a package and when this is all sorted

@Pattaya wrote:

I too cancelled contract in the cooling off period and sent the phone back using Virgin Mobile packaging and labelling.But to no avail they said they haven't received the phone back from there asseser company so therefore I am paying for the phone and tariff every month. Its still ongoing from the 27th October 2018.Royal Mail have told me that I am not the sender but Virgin Mobile and are responsible tracking the lost phone.

0 Kudos
Pattaya
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

something happened to stop me completing my blog.I apologise what I was about say im fed up of being treated badly by these big consortams who feel it alright to pick on individuals like my self who have trusted them in the past,but never again.this is over a £756.00 phone and a £9.00 tariff SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN MOBILE hope you can sleep at night because I cant.Pattaya

0 Kudos
Pattaya
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes Emma it's been going on since the end of October. 

0 Kudos