Menu
throwaway1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled Account and Now Credit Check Affected

I used to pay for my mother's Virgin Mobile account, she was on PAYG at around £5/month. I rang up to cancel it in July 2018, apparently all was fine and I left it at that. Since then though, I've received numerous letters asking for payments between £18-£22~ for unpaid bills as the Direct Debit had been cancelled. I rang up several times, confirming that I had, indeed, cancelled the account only to be told that I hadn't. So they attempt to cancel it for me and waive whatever the cost was as they can see that the number hadn't been used (it hadn't). I was told that the same customer service representative would phone me back later in the week to confirm this (by now we're in October 2018). This never happened, life moved on and I neglected to think any more about it. However about a month ago I receive another letter asking me for £19 or thereabouts and that VM are happy to reinstate the phone so that I can get back online again (I mean, who would seriously go without a mobile phone for near on 8 months??). I sent a letter back informing all of the above, but am yet to hear back. I now log on to my Equifax account and see that VM have claimed a derogatory status against me; thus bumping my credit score down. I'm now at my wits end as I, along with countless others, rely on having a good credit rating.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled Account and Now Credit Check Affected

Hi there throwaway1234

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear about this situation and subsequent inconvenience caused.

We'd like to take a closer look at what's happened and see what we can do help.

We'll send you a private message shortly regarding this.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos