cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel previous O2 sim for new one Ultimate Volt bundle.

vjkld
Dialled in

I’ve just signed upto the Ultimate Volt bundle today as my contract was up on my previous excellent bundle. The new contract includes a sim for £25 a month for the Volt benefits. I already have an O2 sim only and I’m in contract until November. Do you think I’ll be able to cancel the previous sim which is £6 a month and move my number to the unlimited one without early contract end charges. I understand I’ll have to keep  the unlimited sim to have the benefits of the new contract. I wouldn’t have taken the new sim but couldn’t get a better bundle without it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vjkld thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us.  It does sound as though you have resolved your matter.   And in regards to your bundle comments in your last statement, you have been advised correctly. Please do remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for raising this vjkld,

Welcome back to the community!

Just to clarify, have you accepted a Volt bundle as of yet? 

Let us know,

Kain

Yes I have accepted the bundle thanks and everything is set to start on Saturday. The email used was a different one to my existing O2 email. I took the previous sim to get my Volt benefits on my previous bundle.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this, 

Have you contacted O2 regarding this existing SIM?

If so have they advised the contract needs to be paid?

Thanks,

Kain

I have just spoken to O2 and at first they said I’d have to pay off the old contract. I explained my situation with the new Sim because I’ve taken out a new Volt Bundle with Virgin Media because my old contract was ending. I was put through to someone who has transferred my existing number to my new sim and said there wouldn’t be a charge for ending my old contract early. I’ll only have one 02 contract. Hope it all works out smoothly. I would have loved to have kept my old bundle and renewed my contract for those services but I was told it would have cost £26 a month more to do this.

Hi @vjkld thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us.  It does sound as though you have resolved your matter.   And in regards to your bundle comments in your last statement, you have been advised correctly. Please do remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R