cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel oomph bundle but keep number

Belle33
On our wavelength

Hello,

Currently I have the oomph bundle, I am looking at cancelling my service and switching broadband providers, 

I Currently have a SIM within the oomph which if I understand I can't disconnect the SIM from the bundle and change it back to a 30 day rolling contract.

I want to keep my mobile number after I cancel oomph and get a new SIM 30 day rolling contract with Virgin, how do I go about keeping my number whilst staying with virgin?

If I can keep my number on a new 30 day rolling contract would that cancel the oomph bundle contract early and trigger an early disconnect fee?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Belle33
On our wavelength

Thank you for confirming this.

How long would I need to be with O2 before I can take the number back to virgin?

Thanks 

Hi Belle33, thanks for the reply, 

You will be able to transfer the following day Monday to Thursday.

Chris, 

Belle33
On our wavelength

Hi 

Just to confirm, I can use a PAC code to take the virgin oomph mobile number to a PAYG O2 SIM then 24 hours later use a new PAC code to take the number from O2 back to a virgin 30 day rolling deal?

Thanks 

Hi Belle33,

That is correct, you can port to O2 however it takes a minimum of 24 hours for any port to go ahead, weekends may cause delays, then a further 24 hours to port back in to Virgin Mobile. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Belle33
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thank you for confirming this.

One last question: When I give notice of cancellation can I then start the process of porting the number to O2?

You're welcome Belle33,

You can request you PAC code before you place the cancellation order as this will last 30 days. For further help on how to do this, follow the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/keep-my-number

Kind regards Jodi. 

Belle33
On our wavelength

Thank you for your quick reply and Thank you so much for your help.

You're most welcome Belle33,

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.