cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create mobile account - no passcode sent

GreenVeinedMan
Tuning in

Hi, I hope someone can advise or help please.

I have been a VM media customer for years. I recently ported my mobile phone to my media account which I upgraded to include an Oomph SIM one week ago.

The transfer went well, my mobile is now working but it's not showing on my online media account yet. So I thought I would create a mobile account to register it there (and soon to add a second SIM which is being transferred to me). I think I probably need this mobile account anyway now.

The problem is I can't create a mobile account because there comes a point where I have to confirm my email address using a passcode that is mailed to me. Most of the registered email address looks like it could be mine but as much of it is asterisked out on the webpage I'm not 100% sure they've got it right. In any event that email never comes so, of course I can't proceed. I've tried at least half a dozen times over the past week. I'm stuck!

Given the trouble I have had sorting my package & contract dealing with VM via 789 (long story, it's a mess!!!) I thought I might have better luck here, perhaps with a kindly mod who could look into this for me???

Thank you kindly for any help you can give me.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello GreenVeinedMan

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to the problems experienced setting up your Virgin Mobile online account. We appreciate you raising this hear given what you have advised about other issues experienced and welcome to the community.

Firstly, even though the Oomph package comes with a free SIM card included it won't show in your Virgin Media online account as these are essentially on two separate systems. But as you have said you're having issues setting up the Virgin Mobile online account also. I'm happy to look into this further for you and ensure all of the details are correct to allow the registration. 

I've tried to locate an account using the details used for these forums but have been unable to do so, I will send you a Private Message to get these and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Update for the benefit of anyone with a similar new mobile account creation issue:

My login problem is now solved, though it took a couple of weeks to get there. It was partly the original VM customer service agent recording my password incorrectly when I arranged for this mobile account. But even after that was sorted out neither myself nor the moderator assisting me here could actually create a new mobile account. The matter went to the IT team for advice.

One week later I got the advice to try clearing the browser cache and/or try a different browser on a different device. After a couple of attempts this did do the trick and a new account has now been created (though I never did get that email, I just tinkered with links until I was asked to enter my password). This simple cache/browser/device fix may well help others - and maybe something for the mods here to bear in mind and perhaps suggest when assisting people with similar problems - when it works is can save a lot of time!

Thanks again to all who helped me behind the scenes. 🙂

We're glad to hear this has all been resolved for you now GreenVeinedMan. 

^Martin