cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access my account

MartinFisher
Tuning in

I moved home in November but didn’t transfer my account at the time. Eventually I signed up again, with a new contract. Now I can’t NOT log into my old Virgin account and can’t log into my new one, not even using the email link provided by Virgin to access my new account. By default, it just takes me to my old account. MyVirginMedia app does the same.

how do I kill the old account and/or access my new account?

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MartinFisher, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had some issues accessing your online account. It may be possible for us to 'move' the old account over to your new one - please get back to me via PM and we'll be able to take a closer look into this for you. 

Tom 

Hi Tom

My new account no. is [Deleted]

[MOD EDIT: @MartinFisher Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Other post containing personal details has also been deleted. Please make sure you reply back to your Private Message via the purple envelope in top right corner and don't post personal details on the public board. thanks]

I can't sign in to my account 

I can only be automatically directed to my old account, which is now defunct.

I posted about it this morning requesting a) to transfer the credit balance to my new account; and b) to delete the old account completely (because I've spent hours and hours on this already and I'm sick of it).

I was invited to create a new password for a new email address that the previous helper (Tom) created for me to solve the issue last time - now I can't access that either.  The password isn't recognised. 

Now, because I can't sign into my new account I can't change anything on Hub3, which was my aim this afternoon (to change the security setting from WPA).

Martin

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

You don't need your account details to sign into the hub3.

Open a browser and log into your hub 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 if using a 3rd party router)

Sign in using your WiFi network name (VMxxxxxxxx) unless you changed it and your Settings password (unless you changed it)  the details are on the base of the hub3

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It is asking specifically for a password and it won't accept the Hub's password.  

Untitled.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @MartinFisher 

Looking at the number of characters in the screenshot for the password, it looks like you've entered the WiFi password and not the Settings password.

The Settings password is on the base of the hub and consists of 8 numeric characters.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi MartinFisher,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with signing into your hub. 

Have you been able to try the Settings password advised by newapollo? 

^Martin

Yes, thank you - I have managed to access the Router using the Settings Password 

Thank you - you were right

🙂