cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access VM Connect app on mobile

jonelkins
Tuning in

I've just got myself a new mobile, a Redmi Note 10 Pro. The VM Connect app won't connect when I'm on the 4G network, it just says "please turn on your mobile data".

Mobile data is definitely on and working, I've also checked the APN settings and they're correct. I've resintalled the app and rebooted several times, but nothing seems to work.

My SIM is in slot 1 and my phone is set to use data from that SIM slot (no other SIM installed).

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jonelkins, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having problems with the Virgin Media Connect app.

Can you please confirm if you're able to swap the SIM into Slot 2, or will your data no longer work if you do this?

Please also confirm if your Virgin Media Connect app works with your mobile phone, when you're on wifi?

Regards

Tom_W

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried the SIM in slot 2 and the same thing happens. As I only have a mobile account, I can't test the app on WiFi as it needs to connect to 4G to 'authenticate'.

Thanks

Jon

Thanks for coming back to us jonelkins, before you purchase your new handset were you able to log in with no issues?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Yes, I had a Nokia device that connected without problems.

Thanks

Jon

Is this to authenticate the application Jon? To do this via mobile data and the details for your Virgin Mobile online account we ask that a strong mobile data connection is available. Have you been able to try this other locations with possible stronger 4G signal?

Rob

Yes, I've tried this multiple times in different locations. Still no luck.

Hi @jonelkins,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Can you also confirm if you're using a VPN on the device? If so, please disable this and try again.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!