cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change a cell phone just arrived? I have opened the box!

aroshani
Tuning in

Hello,

I need to ask a question. I have just got my iPhone 14 that I ordered two days ago. Once I opened the box, I found that its size is not the one that I expected! I was wondering if I can exchange it? 

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Whether you can exchange it is entirely within Virgin Media's choice. 

Your consumer rights are different and these permit you to cancel outright and return the phone without penalty or charge under your legal "cooling off" rights within 14 days, so as I see it, it would a lot of sense for the company to exchange it rather than lose your business. 

If they tell you that you can't exchange it, or offer you a less favourable deal than you think appropriate, then contact them and cancel under cooling off rights, and return the phone - there's plenty of other mobile deals on offer.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aroshani, 

Welcome to the Community 🙂 

I am sorry to hear the phone was not what you were expecting but not to worry, if you contact our team on 0345 600 0789, they will be able to arrange for a new deal for you. It may be the case that they will need to cancel the current contract within the cooling off period and then our sales team will assist from there. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

Thank you so much for your help. I called your team number several times to arrange a return. Although your colleague told me he had set a return, it is about 10 days that I have been waiting to receive a return bag and instructions! I wonder why? My concern is that I only have 14 days to return the device! And I think to myself, does Virgin Media really want me to return the device?!

Thanks,

Abdolreza

Hey aroshani, thank you for reaching out and updating us.

I can see you have spoke to the team about this myself.

If you have requested a return don't worry this will all go through, please can you just keep us updated on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you again for your reply. I am still waiting for the bag and after 15 days I have not received it yet!

Best,
Abdolreza

Thanks for coming back to us with an update about this issue on the forum @aroshani 🙂

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't received anything yet 😞
Please get in touch with the team on 0345 600 0789 and they will be able to update you about this ASAP.
Let us know what they say.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

Thank you for your reply. I called the number several times. Your colleagues always try to help, and I appreciate that, however, their answer is one of the followings:

1) the jiffy bag is on its way and you will have it in two or three days (after 18 days I have not received it yet)
2) The jiffy bag has been lost! we can rearrange

I wonder how the jiffy bag has been lost twice ?! What is the delivery service that has lost the bag twice? I was wondering if virgin media is willing to return the product.

Best,
Abdolreza

Thanks for coming back to us @aroshani, and I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll see if I can assist with getting this resolved for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn