cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges

Bigal12341
Joining in

I called virgin from my 02 mobile today using an 0345 number for about half an hour and was robbed for £12 !!,,is there a free or cheap rate number? ..ps I don't have a land line. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigal12341 wrote:

0345 is premium rate and not in my allowance 

Incorrect. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-number... 

Also from O2's own website... https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

japitts_0-1651484719320.png

I don't agree that 070 is a landline number, but it's completely correct regarding 03 numbers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

03 numbers are landline numbers. If you were calling from a pay-monthly mobile with a call allowance that includes landlines, this would have been included.

Were you calling from a PAYG mobile that has a landline per-minute rate of 40p per by any chance? 40p/minute x 30minutes would be £12, but that doesn't make it robbery!

You might be able to use the status line 0800 5610061 (which is free from any phone), but I'm not sure whether the option to queue for an agent is there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Bigal12341,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you experienced these call charges. Was the advice given by @japitts useful? Calls to 150/0345 454 1111
are also free from virgin mobile and landlines. Also, was our team able to help with your query? do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was calling from an 02 pay monthly mobile 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigal12341 wrote:

I was calling from an 02 pay monthly mobile 

That should have a call allowance which would likely apply for calling 01/02/03 landlines, and mobiles.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigal12341 wrote:

Incorrect. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-number... 

Also from O2's own website... https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges

japitts_0-1651484719320.png

I don't agree that 070 is a landline number, but it's completely correct regarding 03 numbers.

I've spoken 02 customer service and they tell me 0345 is premium rate , there must be a cheap rate or free number for virgin but I cant find one ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bigal12341 wrote:

I've spoken 02 customer service and they tell me 0345 is premium rate

They are wrong. Refer to my previous post for supporting evidence, including O2's own website.

@Bigal12341 wrote:

there must be a cheap rate or free number for virgin but I cant find one ?

Again, 0345 4541111 is a landline call, or 150 from a VM phone.

The 0800 5610061 status line might have an option.

I give in