cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bt texting to 61998

paperclip
Well-informed

If I text BT on 61998 with a Virgin mobile sim pay monthly package will I be charged or will this be part of unlimited texts? 

9 REPLIES 9

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paperclip, 

Thank you for your post 🙂

The text would come out of your texts if you have unlimited, and if you don't text to this number costs 15p.

Zoie 

Not sure what you mean by if you don't text that number would cost me 15p? 

Hi paperclip, thanks for the reply Zoie is saying that you would be charged £0.15. We would usually charge an access charge. ^Chris

Sorry but you have totally confused me! 

I have an unlimited text package, and all I want to know is if I reply to that text number 61998 will it come off my text allowance or will I be charged?

The first reply says it will come off my allowance texts then the next reply says I will be charged which is it? 

Hi paperclip, if it is not included in the unlimited messages you would be charged £0.15  for the text as this is the standard rate, as this is a short code number you would be charged. ^Chris 

So a charge would only be made If I replied to a text from 61998 but not if I received one from 61998?

In other words as long as I don't text to that particular number I won't be charged? Receiving one only no charge either? 

@zoie_p

I understand. I have unlimited so I should not be charged. 

@Chris_W1

Wouldn't be charged if I have unlimited texts though Chris. 

Yes you should not be charged for received messages. If you do get any charges they can also be disputed here - Chris