KSenos
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blocking spam SMS messages

Hello
I have recently taken out a SIM only contact with Virgin Media. #SIM only 

The SIM is used in a 4G router.

I am 3 days into the contract and I have already received 4 spam messages from a pay-day loan company.

I have contacted customer services and

• I have asked them to block the number but they can/will not.
  • They have suggested replying STOP to the number but this merely confirms to the spammer that the number is active.
  • They have offered to change my number but want to charge £5 to do it which is unacceptable.
  • The company who are sending the messages is 247moneybox ( +447860092919)
  • How have they obtained my number?

Can anyone suggest a way around this annoyance?

The SIM is used in a 4G router so I can't block from my phone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blocking spam SMS messages

Hi KSenos, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're having an issue with unwanted messages on your new SIM Only deal, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

Just to confirm, if the SIM is in a router how are you viewing the messages? 

As you've taken out a SIM Only with us we'll have provided you with a mobile number. This number could have been recycled and may previously have had these messages sent or some companies try their luck and enter random numbers. 

We can look at changing the number for free as it's the first time and see how it goes from there. 

If that's something you want to do then please pop me a personal message Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
KSenos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking spam SMS messages

Hi Emma

Thanks for your helpful reply, to answer your query << if the SIM is in a router how are you viewing the messages? >>

It's through the router's web interface on my PC. Thank you for your help, I'll send you a PM re number change. Smiley Happy

Archer MR200 - Opera_008.png

0 Kudos