Menu
aljax2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Been cut off before bill due

I am extremely annoyed i have this contract for a disabled individual who was unable to obtain a contract themselves and i happily pay the bill monthly however they have received no warning messages to state they have gone over the allowances now they have been cut off and told they have gone over credit limit which has been set at £100 wothout my permission he has now had to use a strangers phone to contact me to tell me you have cut services...this is very dangerous bare in mind the bill is not due until 28th jan now trying to log onto the online account to see why these redoculous charges have been added and its down,as usual try to make a call to get through for someone to explain the issue to and i get through to someone who is reading from a script and doesn't seem to care to then place me on hold and cut me off...shocking service to be honest i feel like i should cancel the contract then pay them as and when i like as this is how the customer service is... i myself use EE and they make it impossible for you to go over data etc without purchasing an add on...and why on earth would my credit limit with you be over £100 i would never agree to this for a phone i knew was for a vulnerable individual. Disgusted to be honest
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been cut off before bill due

if you reach the credit limit the account will get suspended that is how it works. If the bill reaches that limit it will get suspended until part or all of the bill is paid to bring it under the limit.

0 Kudos
aljax2012
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My disgust is the lack of communication...for a communications service... and very very poor customer service, i understand credit limits...i work of a debt charity and now i understand how people end up in a mess i dont need you to explain credit limits to me that was not my issue
0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you fund a phone for someone, who by your own admission is vulnerable, couldn't get a phone in their own name & therefore probably not to be trusted to use the phone sensibly, then it's your responsibilty to monitor it's usage.

If EE don't let you go over on data etc. then it begs the question as to why you didn't get this vulnerable user a phone on EE

0 Kudos
aljax2012
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1 the person can be trusted you have no right to state this as you do not have knowledge about 2-the person has no credit so could bot obtain a contract 3-i check the phone regularly for warning texts of which he had 0 this month 3-i used to be with virgin previously and the reason i am with EE myself is virgin did not offer the package i wanted not that that is any of your business to begin woth...your comments are ill judged.
0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@aljax2012 wrote:
1 the person can be trusted you have no right to state this as you do not have knowledge about 2-the person has no credit so could bot obtain a contract 3-i check the phone regularly for warning texts of which he had 0 this month 3-i used to be with virgin previously and the reason i am with EE myself is virgin did not offer the package i wanted not that that is any of your business to begin woth...your comments are ill judged.

You're quite right, I only know what you have said which is that you got a phone for a vulnerable person with no credit, who couldn't get a contract themselves & who has exceeded the £100 credit limit for which you are liable.

There may well be people who read this topic & who have got phones for other people & who will now realise that it's their responsibility to check their account to monitor the usage.

0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The lowest figure you can get for your credit limit is £50. This includes the cost of the contract, so I suggest as a first step you get it reduced.

Yes Virgin are the only one of the major companies that don't turn off or seriously restrict your data when the allowance is used up. We have just had a lady on with a similar problem with her daughter. 

Plenty of evidence that warning texts never arrive or arrive late. There are data bolt on but unless you are in charge of the phone they are hard to administer.

£3 per day for even miniscule usage is quite frankly a rip off. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi aljax2012,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the person has exceeded their allowance resulting in a large bill.

The mobile account is not down as I can access it. If you log in you'll be able to see what the charges were for by following these steps:-

Click here > Billing > January 2018 bill

You can download the pdf version of the bill that will reveal the amount of data usage consumed in that allowance period. Please share with us the amount of data which has been used versus what allowance they have.

You can make a payment by following these steps:-

Payments > Make a payment

Please check there's also an active direct debit as this will bar the service too by following:-

Payments > Direct Debit

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Rich_B wrote:

Hi aljax2012,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the person has exceeded their allowance resulting in a large bill.

The mobile account is not down as I can access it. If you log in you'll be able to see what the charges were for by following these steps:-

Click here > Billing > January 2018 bill

You can download the pdf version of the bill that will reveal the amount of data usage consumed in that allowance period. Please share with us the amount of data which has been used versus what allowance they have.

You can make a payment by following these steps:-

Payments > Make a payment

Please check there's also an active direct debit as this will bar the service too by following:-

Payments > Direct Debit

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

I don't think it can be emphasised too often that the only person who's responsible for a phone's contract & usage is the person who took out the phone's contract.

I check my account most days.

0 Kudos