cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred services - Mobile

johnnycab
Joining in

I am in an identical situation as the op, ie. I received a text yesterday, informing me that the services are barred. I called 789 which after putting me on hold, eventually got cut-off. I can't make or receive calls and texts. There is credit left on the account.

Please help.

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread to it's own]

11 REPLIES 11

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have made a chargeable call or sent a chargeable text in the last 90 days then you should not be barred

Otherwise:

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

Just to inform you that Virgin PAYG will be shut down in stages from October to Jan 2022. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have made calls/texts thus my plea for help. The text mentions that I have to call 789 to remove the barring, however, I can't get through.

I have previously received good support here. Are you a similarly placed moderator or Virgin representative/employee, who can help me further with my predicament?  You can understand that I cannot provide you with any personal details, unless someone vets the afore-mentioned credentials.

Hello johnnycab

Sorry to hear this has happened
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi johnnycab

I have checked a few things and it appears that you are a Pay as you go Customer, We did send a message by SMS which advised 

Don't forget - our Pay As You Go service is ending soon, and your SIM will stop working on 17th October 2021. Got questions? Find out more about alternative mobile plans, using up credit, registering for a refund on leftover credit and transferring your number at virginmedia.com/paygupdate or call 789.

Gareth_L

Gareth_L, please can you expand further. I am still a customer, unless you make a distinction of some customers as being less deserving? I realise that you would prefer me to be off your network, and also take note of your deadline; I will endeavour to switch to an alternative service, as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I just want to have the services activated, where I can at least receive calls & texts in the interim, as the number is issued for emergencies and essential services. It would be nice to get the credit back, but the link you provided leads to a dead end. I feel extremely disappointed that you have kicked the issue back to the same place, despite clearly stating my previously futile attempts.

Hi johnnycab

Thanks for your reply 

I have had a look at this in more detail

Basically the Sim has been barred due to inactivity on the Sim 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we will not be able to reinstate this now 

When was the last time that you used it 

Gareth_L

Gareth_L

Please can you explain, what is meant by 'barring services' -- I know by now, that I can't make/receive calls & texts, which puts me in a precarious position, as I am using this number for emergency purposes. What else am I missing?

I have taken your advice and requested a PAC and received it. What happens to the credit on the account?

Hi johnnycab

Barring services means services have been barred due to inactivity on the sim 

The credit remaining would have needed to be used 

Gareth_L

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi johnnycab

Barring services means services have been barred due to inactivity on the sim 

The credit remaining would have needed to be used 

Gareth_L

How can I use the credit, or even direct it towards a charity or buying one of the support staff here, a coffee, when you have barred the services. Why don't you just say it like it is -- Virgin are keeping the money.