Menu
Highlighted
jonkragskow
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Awful Customer Service - Cancelling Service

I recently bought a phone from carphone warehouse and a 1 month £12 virgin media contract with it as the phone was £100 cheaper that way.

I didn't want the contract so phoned up and attempted to cancel it within the grace period.

I was unable to get into my account with the first two people on the phone because I didn't have the account number (Never sent it!) or the password (Never set one!). The attitude of the operators was disgusting as they told me I set up my password and should know it - I have never had a virgin mobile account before, nor had I received any information from virgin mobile other than the flimsy sim pack which contained nothing useful.

The third person I phoned was very helpful and forwarded me to cancellations who then attemped to charge me for the service. I reminded them and they stopped the charge - "Oh I didnt check, sorry sir". I was told that was it and I wouldn't deal with virgin mobile any more. Knowing that something bad would definitely happen I cancelled my direct debit. I also binned the sim.

Then about two weeks ago I received an email telling me I owed £12. I phoned up and the man on the phone told me that I had used the sim. Yes I had, I'd used it to get a text from virgin (hoping there'd be some account information in the text) and to call virgin. He told me that meant I didn't fall in the grace period. I then explained how absolutely ridiculous that was and he "waived the fee" - strange because I didn't exactly owe you anything did I. His tone was also quite belittling.

Now I've been sent a bill, two weeks later, for £5.58.

Truly amazing customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Customer Service - Cancelling Service

Hi jonkragskow

Thanks for messaging us today and we are sorry for the experience which you have had with us. 

Have you called us at all to query the charge? Has this been credited? 

Kind Regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos
jonkragskow
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Customer Service - Cancelling Service

Hi Chris,

I haven't phoned again yet.

Not sure what you mean by credited?

Cheers,