Menu
Highlighted
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Authentic email from VM

Hi.

I've received an email that I'm unsure of, mainly because of how it's addressed, see text in red below.  However the email source 'looks' authentic but could anyone with the know-how confirm yay or nay please (Image of the email source attached as a photo) 

Many thanks in advance

Hello, 

As a Virgin Mobile customer we occasionally have to send you important documents about the credit agreement you have with us. 

Your Loan Completion letter is now ready to view. 

Just open the attached PDF. 

Kind regards,

VM email.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Authentic email from VM

Hi Eigna,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you have received this email. This doesn't look like one of our email addresses, this has been reported to us on our forums page before here.

You can report this to our phishing team by forwarding the email to  us here: phishing@virginmedia.com   if you receive a spam warning when trying to send the email, this means we are aware of the email you are sending to us as others have reported this to us.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are a number of previous posts in this community which point to these as actually being genuine emails.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Phishing-amp-scam/m-p/3675315

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Scam-e-mail-Loan-Completion/m-p/3556632

@Eigna Have you recently reached the end of the loan period for your Virgin Mobile contract handset?

Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsay.

Thank you, I had already moved it to my spam folder but then thought I'd better check.

Regards
Eigna
0 Kudos
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham.

My mobile contract ends next month and it did cross my mind that it was concerning that but because it just said 'Hello' and didn't use my name (which I would expect VM to do) I suspected it was phishing so I haven't clicked on the link.

I've forwarded it to phishing@virginmedia.com now so if it is legit I assume they will let me know.

Thank you for replying.

Regards

Eigna

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Eigna Hi, I have also raised this behind the scenes, in our superuser forum, as there seems to be a serious issue here that needs looking into.