cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As part of the oomp package I a SIM

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

I have a PAC code from my current provider. Not really sure the benefits of moving to Virgin. I know they are separate companies but not impressed since joining VM (Wrong TV package ... ect.)

What do people on the forum suggest? How would I benefit moving to Virgin Mobile from Gifgaff ??

Any help appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Any numbers that begin 084/087/09/118 or personal numbers beginning with 070, the charges for those can be found here: https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The benefit is you wouldnt be paying for a giffgaff sim

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

Thanks for your response. The actual gifgaf SIM doesn't cost anything and calls to other gifgaf customers are also free. 

I received the 15gb Oomph SIM - I am not clear on how the payments work with this SIM - How do calls and the internet charges work?

Sorry to ask silly questions. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shafiqhamid, thanks for posting.

With the Oomph SIM's you would only be billed/charged for extra usage that's outside of the SIM's allowances, such as calls/texts to chargeable numbers, international calls - or exceeding the data allowance. You can set up a spending-cap for the SIM so that you don't get any unexpected high bills. 

Hope this helps.

Tom 

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength

It does help - thanks. I  will check on what exactly are "chargeable numbers".

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Any numbers that begin 084/087/09/118 or personal numbers beginning with 070, the charges for those can be found here: https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

Tom 

shafiqhamid
On our wavelength
Thanks Tom

You're welcome, shafiqhamid,

Do let us know if you need anything else from the forum team.

Cheers,

Corey C

No nothing further thanks for all the help.

Great to hear this is now sorted @shafiqhamid - have a great day!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs