cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here get a 17.3% Pay Rise recently?

jhuk
Trouble shooter

That is the amount VM are increasing your bill by (use the Calculator tool linked to at bottom to find your new price!

oie_transparent.png

Annual RPI Increase | Virgin Media   <  (Email from Robin BarSteward)

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

That'll be down to the increased costs of both air, and time. 

Virgin Media are doing you a favour by only asking another 17.3% from you especially when customers in fixed term broadband contracts are seeing price rises up to 30%.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

I think I will avoid it as were Ofcom not looking into providers increasing prices mid contract (my contract was just renewed recently so for 12 or 18months AFAIR)?

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Ofcom won't protect you, all they're looking at is to see the rules are followed, but the problem is the rules themselves.

Whether it applies to you I can't say - there will be a cut off date where contracts after that date are deemed to have had this year's price rise included, but as always VM are as clear as mud on such matters and I've not seen any reference to the date (or dates, they won't make it simple).  If you've had a price rise notification then you should be in line for your inflation busting price increase.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

It was a TXT but not sure if generic to everyone even though my name was in it this is not hard to do so today same with emails.

I will call up and make sure I do not pay any more, they make their money from me as I rarely use any Calls/TXT or DATA as I am not glued to my phone but use it for music/steps walked out and about.