cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And still virgin persist with sending me letters and emails even thou I have a dro

Dandare74
Joining in

I applied and got a debt relief order on the 14th of July due to not being able to service my debts anymore and have been receiving letters and emails from virgin media regarding arrears on my mobile accounts.

I rang and spoke to a assistant at virgin media on the 21 of July  and informed them that I had a debt relief order and was told to send in a letter and a copy of the debt relief order which I did the same day and it was delivered the day after. I am still nearly 2 months later receiving letters and emails from virgin media and it’s causing me so much stress and worry that I can’t cope, How hard is it for someone to type my name into the individual insolvency register and I am on there. I suffer from chronic mental health issues and anxiety and this is making it worse.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I've marked your post for staff to pick up and escalate, in parallel with that you should contact the Insolvency Service helpline on 0300 678 0015.  Breach of the requirements of a DRO by chasing a debt after being notified is pretty serious, and hopefully the Insolvency Service can point this out to Virgin Media. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dandare74, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with collection communications after getting in touch about this previously.

So we can assist further I will contact you via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Thank you Andrew I will definitely be contacting the dro team if this persists..