cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend my credit file

David1234567
Tuning in

Why is virgin media allowed to ruin people’s credit file because of virgin media mistakes and now won’t remove it 

47 REPLIES 47

Thanks for your quick reply David.

We've been with VM since June 2019. When the 12 month contract was coming up to finishing I called up to renew/discuss deals and move house at the same time.  My expectation was the old account would be closed down circa June 2020 and a new account created. 

The credit report shows these 2 accounts, with further oddities described below;

old account number, old address, £0 outstanding balance, payment history showing payments have been made "on time" for july, august, sept, October (2020)

new account number, new address, £51 outstanding balance payment history showing last payment was 'On Time' for july and "No Data" since (2020)

It's almost as there is cross contamination of the 2 accounts and where payments are being made against. I don't see any payment history for 2019. It's all very strange. .

I can see on the first bill after moving house that there was a  £51 balance bought over. This was kindly credited with a £50 goodwill on the same bill. Either way the bill was paid off in full and all subsequent and previous bills. I've never been in debt to VM, ever. 

Thanks for coming back to me

If you're previous account shows a balance of zero and the current account is up to date then we would expect no default on your credit file. 

If your credit file still shows a default on it, 6 weeks after the E-Mail was sent, do please come back to the thread and we'll take a closer look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Maybe not, but I'd prefer to clear off the £51 of "debt" that is stuck on my account and has been for 4 months. I'm trying to get in to a position where the credit reporting is actually accurate and reflects the current state of play and avoid receiving a default in the future which it seems others have had on this thread. 

Thanks for the response,

Going from your previous response, you state that you were offered a £50.00 goodwill credit to clear this on the bill and that the bill was paid off in full.

If there has been a debt that has been stuck on your account for four months, and we've since credited your account to resolve this, we would seek to have this removed from your credit file within a 6 week period

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

If there has been a debt that has been stuck on your account for four months, and we've since credited your account to resolve this, we would seek to have this removed from your credit file within a 6 week period

Other way around, VM applied credit note of £50 as goodwill gesture to our 1st bill (July) when we moved. I would also expect it to be removed within 6 weeks, but here we are 4 months later.

Although i do appreciate your time, I don't think this is going to be resolved going back and forth on a forum without all the facts. I can't really share personal/sensitive information, otherwise I'd just share a snippet of my credit file and you'll instantly realise its just not correct. You can't have accounts on old addresses but still marked as 'Active' and payments being made against those old accounts. It's nonsense. There is a clear error. 

I only posted here as it seems very much in line with what others have experienced but were further down the line than me as they are now experiencing defaults on their file. I was hoping perhaps my situation could help understand how and why these are coming about in the first place. 

I guess lets see what the credit file amendments team says and I'll report back here.

Thanks for the response

We would expect the issue to be resolved, 6 weeks from when this issue was raised via E-Mail to our Credit File Amendments team, which you advised you sent earlier today

If the issue credit report has not been resolved within this period, we will seek to then take further action

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

David1234567
Tuning in

What further action can be taken if you don’t get any where with creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

Did you get a reply from creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk ?

I've yet to receive anything, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of email but i guess its only been 2 days.

You could file a dispute with Equifax (or your choice of credit file agency) or raise with Omdudsman and contest it there?

Dcompton
Dialled in

Me too, this is absolutely shocking. Virgin have since stopped replying to me. Maybe they will speak with the Ombudsman? Glad I’ve changed to Sky. I will be reporting this to a higher authority.

Hey Dcompton -  I reached out to Lee_R on this forum, he helped and my issue has since been resolved.