cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend my credit file

David1234567
Tuning in

Why is virgin media allowed to ruin people’s credit file because of virgin media mistakes and now won’t remove it 

47 REPLIES 47

I have the same problem, what happened in the end with you?  Was it resolved??

Hi Eddcrossman, 

Thanks for post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you've also had an issue, could you expand a little for us so we know how best to assist further?

Emma_C - Forum Team

I have just rang VM company Customer Service to inquire about my account in debt.  I am very shocked that I just found from my credit file, VM company put a "Default" on my credit file. I have over 10 Virgin media accounts for my tenant's houses, I never missed any payment. VM staff has just confirmed with me the balance is zero. I never received a bill to ask me to pay. as I am not live in this address, only recently VM put this £30 as default on my credit file, which have badly stopped me remortgages. 

I had a one-month rolling contract with VM  for £5/ month. then I transferred my number to another phone provider EE on Dec 2017. I  just rang VM customer services,  I asked VM stuff, who also confirmed with me this account balance is ZORE.  Since I moved away my numbers, so VM  should not charged me after I moved away, my contract is only a one-month rolling contract. But VM  billed me another 6 months after I left your service. then you filed me £30 default on my credit history. VM Stuff said from this account he checked, the balance is ZERO.  I never know I  own VM money, your staff said balance is Zore. But how and why VM  put this DEFAULT account ruining my credit history said I "later payment" for 6 months ? and then put a default for £30??? I do 5 mortgages a year, I am careful dealing for all of the utility bills. This must be a mistake, hope  VM  correct it ASAP as my purchasing a house and doing a remortgage, got a mortgage offer, suddenly I couldn't get through as this credit "DEFAULT". |Hope VM contact me asap? If I own you money, I will pay for to sort it out, but your staff said balance is zero, I cannot pay anything. 

Account number: virgin media     ------7963. 

I found a DEFAULT on my credit history: 

Communications Supplier from Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd (I) / XXXXXX9763

I have just rang your company Customer Service to inquire about my account in debt.  I am very shocked that I just found from my credit file, you company put a "Default" on my credit file. I have over 10 Virgin media accounts for my tenant's houses, I never missed any payment. your staff has just confirmed with me the balance is zero. I never received a bill to ask me to pay. as I am not live in this address, only recently you put this £30 as default on my credit file, which have badly stopped me remortgages. 

I had a one-month rolling contract with you for £5/ month. then I transferred my number to another phone provider EE on Dec 2017. I  just rang your customer services,  I asked your stuff, who also confirmed with me this account balance is ZORE.  Since I moved away my numbers, so you should not charged me after I moved away, my contract is only a one-month rolling contract. But you billed me another 6 months after I left your service. then you filed me £30 default on my credit history. you Stuff said from this account he checked, the balance is ZERO.  I never know I  own your money, your staff said balance is Zore. But how and why you put this DEFAULT account ruining my credit history said I "later payment" for 6 months ? and then put a default for £30??? I do 5 mortgages a year, I am careful dealing for all of the utility bills. This must be a mistake, could you please correct it ASAP as my purchasing a house and doing a remortgage, got a mortgage offer, suddenly I couldn't get through as this credit "DEFAULT". |Could you please contact me asap? If I own you money, I will pay for to sort it out, but your staff said balance is zero, I cannot pay anything. Please give an email ? I am looking forward to speaking to you to sort out this big issue asap. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sylvia2288,

Welcome to forums I hope you enjoy our community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear this and I will need you to get some more information on this form you so I will pop you over a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Zoie

my account number is [Mod Edit: Personal information removed]. the rest of the account details I  have given to you. I have contacted customer services again this afternoon, the VM stuff has sent me the copy of the final bill to   my email account. which show you have waved the last £30. And the balance of the bills is ZERO. as a large landlord, I have got over 10 accounts with you VM, never missed a payment. could you please remove this account as default from my credit history?  I would be really appreciated. and I will continuously use your VM services. Now you got my account number,  Please don't tell me you cannot see my this account, every time I talked with customer service, they can see my account clearly. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

my account number is [Mod Edit: Personal information removed] the rest of the account details I  have given to you. I have contacted customer services again this afternoon, the VM stuff has sent me the copy of the final bill to   my email account. which show you have waved the last £30. And the balance of the bills is ZERO. as a large landlord, I have got over 10 accounts with you VM, never missed a payment. could you please remove this account as default from my credit history?  I would be really appreciated. and I will continuously use your VM services. Now you got my account number,  Please don't tell me you cannot see my this account, every time I talked with customer service, they can see my account clearly. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Refer Virgin Media to Article 16 of the General Data Protection Regulations https://gdpr-info.eu/art-16-gdpr/  Right to rectification.

ico guidance on the GDPR is here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r...

Guidance on Article 16 is here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-r...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi Lindsey, would it be possible for you to message me too as I have a similar query! Would appreciate your help, thanks. 

Tomgruk
Joining in

Hi, 

I have the same issue.

I really hope someone can help me with this because I have been trying for many months and it is having a seriously negative impact on my life.

My mobile account was closed in May 2018 but Virgin have recorded 'missed payments' on my credit file from July 2018 until May 2020.

I rang to discuss this in May 2020 and then for June, July and August of 2020 they have been recorded as 'on time'. This has not resolved the incorrect 'missed payments' recorded. 

Exuifax have contacted Virgin about this and have had a reply saying the late payments are correct but the closed date will be changed.

I don't understand how I can have late payments recorded on my credit file when the account was closed?