cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account sold to debt collector

Samcroessex
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I had a mobile with Virgin that I took out in 2018. The account fell into default, I was in a lot of debt etc so no surprise there. Yesterday I cleared up all outstanding debt which was wonderful but there's a problem with Virgin.

I spoke to an agent last week for around an hour. He called me back later in the evening to say he'd managed to reinstate my balance (around £211). However when I tried to pay on Monday there was no balance. I then spoke to a further agent who said the balance couldn't be reinstated as the debt had been sold.

The debt being sold was no surprise and in fact makes it easier to negotiate a settlement however Virgin don't know who it's been sold to! I never recieved a letter from any collections agency representing virgin.

I have now called BPO collections as I found out virgin sometimes use them. They told me they had the debt up to March 2020 and sent it back to Virgin.

I've tried to pay the account however virgin are also saying they've given the debt away. Can someone from virgin please help me find the account. I'm ready and willing to pay and this is the only debt preventing me from being debt free! 

2 REPLIES 2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Samcroessex thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues when attempting to clear your outstanding balance.  I'd love to help you look into this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Samcroessex

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R