cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Bit Disappointed

LittleMick73
Superstar

I have taken the volt package so have an O2 sim so I cancelled my sim with virgin mobile, I am being charged £86.57 for early cancellation in spite of the fact I'm remaining with virgin which doesn't seem very fair, if by chance any moderator would be able to help I would appreciate it. Regards Micky 

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LittleMick73
Welcome back to the community!
Sorry to hear you're being charge an early disconnection fee for your Virgin mobile SIM. Was your Virgin Mobile SIM originally attached to your media package or was this a separate contract? Did you have a package for media and a package for mobile separate? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@Carley_S wrote:

Hi @LittleMick73
Welcome back to the community!
Sorry to hear you're being charge an early disconnection fee for your Virgin mobile SIM. Was your Virgin Mobile SIM originally attached to your media package or was this a separate contract? Did you have a package for media and a package for mobile separate? 

Hi it was a separate arrangement whereby I paid virgin mobile direct.

Hi @LittleMick73
Thanks for confirming that. As they were two separate contract agreements, there would be an early disconnection fee if you wanted to cancel the Virgin Mobile SIM unfortunately. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

@Carley_S wrote:

Hi @LittleMick73
Thanks for confirming that. As they were two separate contract agreements, there would be an early disconnection fee if you wanted to cancel the Virgin Mobile SIM unfortunately. 

As it happens I contacted virgin mobile to pay outright the charges the good news is they relented as I had not left for a rival provider the early cancellation fee and the rest of the month fee was cancelled.

Hi @LittleMick73,

Aah that's great news! Glad the team were able to do this for you 🙂

If you need any further help, let me know.

Happy Easter!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs