cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 183 6416

Degs
Tuning in

I had a call yesterday from 08001836416, but missed the call, I checked on line and it was suggested that it was a hoax Virgin media call. I got a call again today, it was from what sounded like an Indian man and he said he was from Virgin Media, and was offering me a V6 box for free. He asked me to confirm my post code and first line of my address, I gave him the post code and the number, he then asked for the Road, I said you must already know that, he said he needed it to confirm who I was, so I said that I didn’t know if he was from Virgin. He decided then to cancel the call and rang off. 

2 hours later he rang again, but I again missed the call by a fraction, and received a voice message from the same number this also was from an Indian  sounding man who sang the line. “she’s got a ticket to ride”. and then rang off.

It would be good if someone from Virgin could verify that this is not one of their numbers 

68 REPLIES 68

So the 'forum team' that run this 'community' on behalf of the bloodsuckers are just there to simper about what a great idea it would be if we, the poor fools who pay their wages, were able to get removed from a spam list.  And that's it.  Nothing else.  No actual, you know, community assistance in providing the name and contact details of the number one genius who runs the spam list, nothing useful.

Well what a surprise, a corporate 'community' that's designed just to cover corporate arses.

Wheidi1985
Joining in
I just had a call from this number, it was an Indian guy asking quite vague questions such as how many devices are connected, how many TVs we use, if I have a sky subscription and if I have Netflix. Why the questions? I don't understand what he wanted, he never actually told me, he told me to hold on a moment then hung up after a few questions. Should I be worried about this call? It didn't seem very professional if it was, as he said, from virgin media.

Chilledcat
Joining in

i keep having this number ringing me, I've blacklisted it, but they keep leaving voicemails that lasts for a few minuets and is completly silent, I'm seeing here its a genuin number, but how do i get it to stop completly 

Seems a bit stupid for Virgin to ask for parts of your memorable word. My dad had a call earlier today and as he has always done refused to give security information to a stranger over the phone. Having seen a member of Virgin staff confirming the call was genuine and that they ask for security info over the phone this does not instill me with confidence. I have educated my dad in cyber security but this policy undermines everything I have told him. Do they not realise that asking for security info when they have called him is not a good idea as it may lead people to think it's ok to give out passwords etc when people call them. 

@angua- wrote:

I have educated my dad in cyber security but this policy undermines everything I have told him.

spot on.  It's outrageous that any faintly respectable company should behave like this.

OK - Im getting these calls every day, and have been for nearly two weeks. Ive blocked the number (as so helpfully suggested by one of the forum gods) however all that does is divert the call to VMail, so I get an alert saying Ive a VM message..............great a silent message, check the call log - its this number. SO here's a suggestion - can one of the forum gods, post a page/thread/link on how we get this stopped, without having to trawl through pages and pages of comments thanks awfully 🙂

aaahhh I want to edit that post - and cant - to add.............. make it a "sticky post/thread" to it appears at the top of the forum 🙂

there have been more than 42,000 views of this thread.  You'd think they'd get the hint wouldn't you.

But in reality the utter cowards that call themselves the 'forum team' have just run away.

pathetic.

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi All,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are getting unwanted sales calls from us. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post as we work the oldest posts first and every response on here pushes the thread further back down the queue.

Your feedback has been sent regarding the sales/marketing calls to our support and management teams. Currently, there are no plans to change this practice, but we are able to offer the opportunity to opt out of our sales/marketing contact.

We can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed if you prefer to not receive sales calls from us. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail. You can contact us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or let me know on this thread if you would like to opt out and I will contact you for more information.

Please be aware that you may receive marketing contact from us for the next six weeks, as we aren't able to withdraw our campaigns that have already been released. Also, if you have both a Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile account, your preferences will need to be changed on both accounts.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

This post must also be a scam, as I spoke direct to Virgin on 150 who following a call that I hung up on advised was a scam and not to provide info to.
They try to say you have a free upgrade and then try to confuse you and obtain payment. Do not give these people any information