cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 183 6416

Degs
Tuning in

I had a call yesterday from 08001836416, but missed the call, I checked on line and it was suggested that it was a hoax Virgin media call. I got a call again today, it was from what sounded like an Indian man and he said he was from Virgin Media, and was offering me a V6 box for free. He asked me to confirm my post code and first line of my address, I gave him the post code and the number, he then asked for the Road, I said you must already know that, he said he needed it to confirm who I was, so I said that I didn’t know if he was from Virgin. He decided then to cancel the call and rang off. 

2 hours later he rang again, but I again missed the call by a fraction, and received a voice message from the same number this also was from an Indian  sounding man who sang the line. “she’s got a ticket to ride”. and then rang off.

It would be good if someone from Virgin could verify that this is not one of their numbers 

68 REPLIES 68

NigeC
On our wavelength

I had them call again but no one spoke, I'm getting to old to run about after calls that no one talks or I'm not remotely interested in

I want to be off the marketing list which is a bit difficult if no one talks! 

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi All,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are getting unwanted sales calls from us. We have sent your feedback regarding the sales/marketing calls to our support and management teams. Currently, there are no plans to change this practice, but we are able to offer the opportunity to opt out of our sales/marketing contact.

We can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed if you prefer to not receive sales calls from us. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail.

Please be aware that you may receive marketing contact from us for the next six weeks, as we aren't able to withdraw our campaigns that have already been released. Also, if you have both a Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile account, your preferences will need to be changed on both accounts.

If you would like for me to do this for you, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and send the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Full address with postcode
  • Mobile number
  • Do you have a Virgin Mobile and/or Virgin Media account? (or both)

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

I recently received a letter from Virgin offering a new V6 box to replace an ageing V+ before the old box can no longer receive Sky Sports in late January.

So I decided to do it and completed the process online, and as we need an engineer to fit it, someone from Virgin will call about making the appointment...

That was on Sunday, and since then I've had four calls from this number. As I was expecting a call, I answered the first two times, to be greeted with nothing at all coming back. This sets off alarm bells, as it felt like a scam, and I can't just answer the mobile in the middle of the office.

Just to clarify, this number is from the sales team, and not from someone who is trying to arrange an engineer visit for me? If anything I would want to be reducing costs than adding something else, already not pleased that Virgin Anytime doesn't support OnePlusFive mobiles, so can't watch TV on the go...

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mk71,

Yes, this number is from our Sales Team. If you would like to chase up your V6 order, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us or pop a post over on the Cable Account board here on the Community Forum. 

Apologies that our TV Anywhere service isn't compatible with the OnePlusFive handset. We are currently working on a new app that will be called Virgin TV Go, so when this becomes available, try it on your handset.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Hi Terri,

I appreciate you taking the time to have customers on here removed from the marketing list, but with regards to Virgin media itself, surely the company can see how irritated it's customers are with this method of upselling? The methods they employ doesn't even border on spam, it borders on harassment, every time it seems that Virgin go through a marketing period I receive three calls per day for a period of about two weeks, from early in the morning to late at night. The way your outbound marketing team present themselves literally sets off all red flags for scam and nuisance calls. I've also previously asked not to be called again, yet every time a marketing period rolls around, it's phonecall after phonecall, and blank voicemail after blank voicemail. I'm strongly considering leaving Virgin media due to these horrendous practices.

Why can't I just log in to my account and untick a setting that says "Virgin media may contact me with deals and offers"? Why do I have to take the time to Google the number, find someone helpful like yourself, and then send them a PM on an internet forum to stop these nuisance calls? After I've sent you my details I think I will be submitting an official complaint about Virgin to OFCOM because I've just had enough.

Again, thanks for your help, and the above is not aimed at you, but I really hope you pass on the feedback to someone that can do something about it

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JB88,

It's a very good idea to have the option of removing marketing contact via your online account and I've forwarded your idea and feedback regarding the sales/marketing calls to our Service Assurance management team.

I'm sorry for the frustration that these calls cause.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

scamgoaway
Joining in

I received a call from 0800 183 6416 this morning.

Other than the unwanted sales voice from an Indian lady, with very vague details that the product offered, I just couldn't accept that she directly asked me to confirm my home address, with no more info required! 

It made me feel extremely unsafe.

Hi Scamgoaway,

Unfortunatley all you can do is ask to be taken off the mailing/ contact list, as you can see this has been going on for a while now and Virgin are obviously not willing to tackle the issue that they have a major problem with their customer service staff. It is such a shame as I have personally had excellent service up until this, and I ended up baring the number( which is ironic, that I am blocking a Virgin number on a Virgin phone contract.)

I've signed up to this forum in order to say that it's absolutely bloody outrageous that a faintly reputable organisation should behave like this.  Phoning me up and asking me to reveal personal and security details breaches every single guideline imaginable.  It's completely out of order and should be stopped now.

What I want to know is where this (apparently legit) callcenter got my mobile number from. I've looked through all the paperwork and the contact details on MyVirginMedia and there is no record that I've ever given it.  My normal practice when asked for my mobile number by commercial organisations is to lie.  So where did you get it from and how do I remove it from any and all VM databases?

HELLO FORUM TEAM I WANT A RESPONSE

How do I get my phone number removed from your vile spamming database? 

Who gives me an apology for repeated spam phone calls?