harrygnosill
Joining in

ive received a request from [MOD EDIT: Removed] is this genuine

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the nature of the request?

Have you recently cancelled any Virgin services or changed any equipment?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

all i want to know is if virgin have requested collection of my equipment as i closed my account in february2021.i got a request from [MOD EDIT: Removed].

its a simple question..

answer  yes or no

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi harrygnosill,

you should delete the mobile number  from your post.

VM engineers are collecting equipment in some areas to save people having to go to the local collect + store.

They generally send a text prior to calling, and will carry VM credentials.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What equipment do you have?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment should answer your query.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @harrygnosill,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Are you able to confirm what equipment you have? We can then confirm if it's something we'd expect to have returned.

You can also check here to see what we'd like returning with an option to order a returns pack there, and what equipment we'd ask you recycle with information of your closest recycle centre to take it to.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

a q box.my account was cancelled in february.ive received a text from [MOD EDIT: Number removed - please do not repost]

all i want to know is if this is a genuine request from a genuine virgin mobile .yes or no.

its not to difficult.i have asked virgin media several times where they want it returned to.but like all my other emails they have not answered .please do not repeatedly ask the same questions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@harrygnosill wrote:

a q box.my account was cancelled in february.

You need to remove the mobile number, it's against Forum rules

Sky provide Q boxes, not Virgin. 

VM supply either TIVO's, V6 's or TV360 boxes. japitts has already supplied the link co you can check if that's the equipment you are being asked to return.

An

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @harrygnosill,

We are sending out texts asking if we can collect equipment with engineers in the area picking them up, so it is likely to be a genuine text, yes.

For peace of mind, here's an old thread which includes confirmation that we are sending these texts.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!