cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin mini box install

RobRicetr2
Tuning in

Hi

had the 1gig Volt package this week. Installed by myself, no engineer, as I though i'd install myself.

No problems other than this.....do i need to arrange an engineer to install my Mini Box in the upstairs bedroom?

there is already a white virgin box upstairs ready but when i wire it up I am receiving a tuner error - no channels! 

any help gratefully accepted.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need two connections.

1: Co-ax cable carries live TV channel - this is non-negotiable.

2: Internet connection provides the online functions for OnDemand, streaming & various updates. Ethernet is ideal, reliable wireless can suffice.

If you don't have a co-ax connection point where you want to use the TV box, then you'll need a tech-based install to put the cabling & connections in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need two connections.

1: Co-ax cable carries live TV channel - this is non-negotiable.

2: Internet connection provides the online functions for OnDemand, streaming & various updates. Ethernet is ideal, reliable wireless can suffice.

If you don't have a co-ax connection point where you want to use the TV box, then you'll need a tech-based install to put the cabling & connections in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RobRicetr2 wrote:

Also Virgin Mini Box - do i need to book an engineer to install it upstairs in my computer room?

Answered in your other thread, which I've moved to the TV section of this forum:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/virgin-mini-box-install/m-p/5196068/highlight/fal... 

RobRicetr2
Tuning in

hi

arranged an engineer to visit (5/12/22) to install a Virgin tv mini box.

was informed that I would receive 2 texts on the day regarding times etc.

also asked me to check the app for ongoing appointments.

I have taken a day off and no texts or any mention of visit in appt's section of app.

please advise

regards

Hey RobRicetr2,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums about your issues. 

I have looked into this on the system and can see that an appointment has been made but I cannot confirm the date over the open forum, I will drop a private message over in a moment, please look out for it and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

already been and installed mini box. The confusion was I was sat at home not knowing that were coming or not. I was expecting, like i was told, a couple of texts.
thank you

Thanks for letting is know that its all sorted now. 

Are your services now working as they should?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L