cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin at it again

Justin2211
Tuning in

virgin signed me up to a contract with out consent as part of a home e move even though I told the guy I would ring to talk about a new contract once move had taken place low a behold I ring they signed me up to a contract without my consent 

25 REPLIES 25

Sorry to hear our team did not make you aware of this @Justin2211.

When you spoke to our team, what was discussed? Were you given an alternative resolution to this? Has the issue been fully resolved with our team? 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

spell
Knows their stuff

It is the responsibility of the contractor to fully explain the terms of a contract to the customer and a mutual agreement. In view of the acceptance by VM that this was not done there is no valid contract no matter what procedure VM adopt. It is consumer law.

So the move team has accepted that a mistake was made and has tried to instruct 

Retention agents to sort the problem and put me back to my monthly rolling contract but the retention team will not help using all excuses . To get me off the phone . I asked to speak to managers the first one said there all on holiday , the next guy said there on lunch so I waited 1h on the line and they hung up 

so no not sorted vm just trying to scam customers with contracts that customers have no idea about 

spell
Knows their stuff

It is up to you whether you wish to take the matter further - cancelling a direct debit will result in them destroying your credit rating.

They are very keen to shepherd dissatisfied customers down the complaints road in order to officially ignore them for up to 30 days then close the complaint. 

It is fair that VM is given the opportunity to resolve the issue and you you have given them the opportunity.

The onus is totally on VM to provide evidence that the contract was totally explained to you and you were in agreement - nothing to do with T & Cs. There seems an acceptance that this was done.

I suggest firstly print off a hard copy of this thread then a phone call to Citizens Advice. Download a free app to record any future phone calls

Good luck

Thank you I will be taking this as far as I need to as they are just taking advantage of people 

I did also ask for full transcripts and was denied this they said they can’t share this info 

spell
Knows their stuff

Then definitely a word.with Citizens. Advice - they are excellent although probably swamped with energy bill problems. Phone email or appointment with evidence pack of what you have so far. Ensure full log of events and be aware that VM will give an arrogant view that they are in charge of what happens - incorrect - you are. Good luck

Thanks for coming back to us @Justin2211, I have looked into this and can see that you have complaints raised against this on your system, I can see that this has been assigned to an agent this morning and they will be in looking into your complaint as soon as they can and will be calling you with an update on the issues. Would you like your complaint to be escalated internally? 

You can also request all the information from your account using this link here.

Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @Justin2211, I have looked into this and can see that you have complaints raised against this on your system, I can see that this has been assigned to an agent this morning and they will be in looking into your complaint as soon as they can and will be calling you with an update on the issues. Would you like your complaint to be escalated internally? 

You can also request all the information from your account using this link here.

Regards,

Steven_L

which in all probability means the complaint will be closed as resolved or you will get a letter saying they tried to contact you by phone but could not [complete rubbish] and so closed the complaint - just let them take you round their well orchestrated merry go round - ask for a deadlock letter if you want or wait 8 weeks and take it to CISAS - they will look at it and likely find in your favour - the fact you raise it with CISAS will cost VM £400 or so for the case to be looked at - its free for you - when you put the claim in add a couple of hundred for compensation for all the stress and BS you have had to endure

VM staff here used to try and resolve things before it got to that but they seem not to now for whatever reason - lets see if they jump back in

Tony.
Sacked VIP

hi thanks for that 

yes they tried to call the land line today 3 times we answered and they hung up all 3 times so I guess they are going through the process as you said