cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin at it again

Justin2211
Tuning in

virgin signed me up to a contract with out consent as part of a home e move even though I told the guy I would ring to talk about a new contract once move had taken place low a behold I ring they signed me up to a contract without my consent 

25 REPLIES 25

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you move home & take your services with you, the process is technically a disconnection & reconnection. A manual adjustment is made by VM to replicate your existing package, any promotions you have and your contract dates.

Sometimes this manual adjustment can get missed - contacting VM via 150, or waiting here for staff to respond (might be a day or so) can usually see to the necessary amendments.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I tried 150 this evening got fobbed off being told I signed upto it 

I asked for transcripts and just got ignored 

I then asked why there was 2 contracts created last month both one month apart both saying 18 months , just got put on hold then cut off 

Hi Justin2211,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you've been signed up to a new contract when you moved address. 

Can we ask if you were still in contract at your previous address before you moved? We only ask as we would move your remaining contract with you to your new address if you still had months remaining at your old address.

Can you confirm if this was the case?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi no I had served the contracts 18 months and was advised by the moving team that the move would take my current setup over to the new property with no new contract and once I had moved I could call to set up a new contract if I wished to as I was out of contract 

Many thanks for coming back to us Justin2211,

We appreciate you clarifying that you had no existing contract at your previous address. If this is the case, when you move address a new 18 month contract will be applied.

We will replicate what you had at your old property unless you have specified that you want an alternative package to our sales team. 

We do apologise that you were informed you would not have a contract when you have moved address, this would not be the case. If you had remaining months on your contract at your previous address this would have been carried over to your new property.

As you were out of contract, when you move, you will start a brand new contract at your new address. 

For more information about this, you can check our T&C'S here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Sums it up the link doesn’t even work that you’ve attached 

the contracts you’ve created where done over one month after our move date 

you cannot legally sign me upto a new contract without without explaining this or the terms as I was not advised or miss informed I will get legal advise on this 

5AD4E1AD-D4B0-48ED-8C92-23F952312E2F.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for this not being explained Justin2211, 

Our team should advise that any house move out of contract term would incur a new term.

When was the move completed? Also are you able to try this link again?

Thanks,

Kain

Speaking to your move team today it is possible to move with out contract a form has to be filled by the team or this will create an automated contract , of which your member of staff had missed 

so due to your staff missing the form file has caused me this hassle 

Same as what you did to the guy on TikTok with the same issue clearly not learning by your mistakes