cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to pass security even though answers are correct

chenks76
On our wavelength

i attempted to speak to customer services today via the online chat, and it was the worst CS experience yet.

so i started the online chat and went thru the initial triage bot where it asked me various questions. all ok so far. it took my name and account name.

i then got passed to a non-UK based agent who first asked for my memorable password (3 random letters), i answered it corretly as far as i'm concerned but was advised it was wrong.

moved on to 3 security questions. last bill amount, DD date and email on account. answered all 3 correctly and agent made no suggestion that any were wrong. the agent told me what my package was (i didn't mention it at any point), so this suggested the security was passed and they were able to access my account. the agent (due to my request) wasn't able to assist further so passed me on to a UK based agent (who suggested they were in the renentions team).

this agent then required me to pass security again. attempted to ask me the memorably password again, at which point i advised that i had already answered this wrong according to your systems (even though it was correct) and suggested there was no point asking me it again (and also prompted that i had already passed security earlier).

this agent when asked me the following security question - "what package am i on"
via the secure link i answered it as "M200", which is correct. i was advised this was wrong

they agent then asked me another security question - "what is my email address"
via the secure like i answered it correctly. i was advised this was wrong.

at that point the agent was no longer willing to go any further.
I asked him why i was able to pass security with the first agent and now i am not? (even when 1 of the questions was asked by the first which wasn't rejected).

so how have we come to the stage where i answer every question correctly yet your system says they are wrong?

i am the account holder and was logged into my account whilst talking to them via the online chat, and the answers to my questions all match what is displayed on my account via the myaccount section on the website.

someone from Virgin needs to contact me ASAP to get this resolved.

Cityfibre have finished laying fibre in my street so Virgin now have competition to keep my business

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning chenks76,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had, and for any confusion over the questions asked. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can help with this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

chenks76
On our wavelength

@Alex_RM wrote:

I've popped you over a private message so I can help with this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

thanks, i have replied