cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to log in to my account, going round in circles!

dawny3
Joining in

I'm trying to log in to my virgin media account. I've used the email that I get the bills sent to but I get "oops somethings gone wrong". I've tried to reset my password but got oops...come back later (code AP103). I tried again later and this time got "oops.. blah blah (error code DEF01).

I've tried resetting the email, using the account number and area code on my bill, and all that does it take me back up to the top of that same page with error DEF01.

So frustrating

6 REPLIES 6

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Virgin media's homepage has been down all day, AGAIN, fed up with the continual 

'OOPS there's something wrong' 

Downdetector reports problems for most of the day.

VM's website is broken more than it's working!!

YET they STILL have the cheek to tell us how wonderful they are (NOT)

Fibrecity have started up in my area, and looking to see if they are better, cheaper, and MORE CUSTOMER ORIENTATED than VM's money grabbing Yank owners.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @dawny3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account. Have you been able to get into your account since you last posted, if not, please could you try to clear your browsers cache or try via a different browser to see if you can login that way?

Regards,

Steven_L

I've already cleared cache and tried using the app. 

However, today I've tried again without clearing etc and got straight on, so the issue was at your end. So frustrating and the website didn't work when the one time I needed it!

Thanks for coming back to us @dawny3 and I'm glad that you have been able to get in the site today, we did have some issues with the site over the extended weekend period but all issues should now be resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L

Laptoplil
Joining in

Yesterday I sent an email to Daniel Potts who I understand is Head of Complaints. I was having the same problem couldn’t access account nor emails. Was getting nowhere calling 0800 052 1107 as advised on the screen that came up saying VM working on the website and come back later. I had been inundated with calls last few weeks since contract ended offering upgrade but at higher price. I feel I was overpaying as it was and trying to cut my bills not increase them. I got a reply from Kevin from the Executive Team Resolutions Department before 9 am advising me he was handling my case. He called me by lunchtime and managed to get me connected again with a temporary password. He also offered me a much reduced bill which I am very happy with. He thinks this problem is an IT issue their end which I assume is the reason I got such a good deal. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Laptoplil and I'm glad that your technical issues have now been resolved and the team have been able to offer you a much better deal.

Regards,

Steven_L