cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns kit not sent

mtby
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have seen many similar posts here and I really had hoped I would not find myself in a similar position.

I have recently cancelled my account with Virgin on 19th February as I was moving home, and received an e-mail from them saying my returns kit was on its way on 22th February.

Two weeks later I moved home and still did not receive a returns kit. I had setup a redirection service from royal mail and confirmed with the neighbours that nothing has been posted to my old address since. I have contacted Virgin over 10 days ago and asked for another returns kit, this time to be sent to my new address. I had another chat with customer service since and asked them to confirm when it will be delivered, to which they responded the kit would be with me on 14th March (last Monday).

Today is Thursday 17th March and no kit has been sent to me since. I am really fed up having to chase Virgin for something so simple, and starting to get really suspicious that the kit is deliberately not being sent to charge the extra £40. Can someone from Virgin please let me know if there is anyway to post the hub back to Virgin without the returns kit, or actually send me one? Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mtby,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your equipment.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mtby,

Thanks for confirming your details with me via PM.

Please do let me know once the packaging is received or if you need anything else 🙂

Kind regards

Beth

Hi,

Just to give an update on this topic; I received an e-mail from Virgin on 21.03 saying that they had a key worker in my area available to collect my Hub in person. I booked an appointment for today (24.03) for them to collect it, and surprise surprise, no one showed up and I ended up wasting an entire day waiting for Virgin.

Oh, and I received yet another e-mail saying that my returns kit (third one now) was on its way few hours after I received the original e-mail asking me to book a time slot with their key worker, but the address they said they were sending the returns kit was the old address that I moved out of. I had updated my address with Virgin, and repeated my new address in three separate occasions to Virgin staff, including personnel that sent a PM to me through this forum to help.

Honestly I do not know what to do at this point, so if anyone has any advice, or can direct me towards any organisation that I can make a complaint to about Virgin, I would be very grateful. 

Hi @mtby, thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I want to try and look into particularly, why the returns kit isn't making its way to you successfully as I would be concerned if despite multiple confirmations from you on your address, we've still got this wrong.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

Just to provide an update to my situation, the returns delivery kit that was supposedly dispatched on 22nd March has still not arrived. This is the third returns kit that was apparently sent by Virgin Media, and I still have not been able to receive anything. My address is very simple to find so it is not a case of getting sent into the wrong post box either.

My timeline is as follows:

Applied to cancel Virgin Media contract because I was moving home: 19.02.2022

Received confirmation e-mail of first returns kit sent to the address I was moving out of: 22.02.2022 

Received confirmation e-mail of second returns kit sent to the address I moved into: 08.03.2022

Received confirmation e-mail of the third returns kit sent to the address I moved into: 22.03.2022

Got a message saying that Virgin Media personnel was in my area and available to collect the hub, booked an appointment with them to collect on 24.03.2022, they did not show up.

I have a Royal Mail redirection from my old address so it is not a case of the package being sent to the wrong address, it is not getting sent at all. Furthermore I am now getting harassing messages from Virgin asking me to send the kit back or they would charge me £40. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Can someone please sort this out? And please don't tell me that another package is on its way as it is clearly not arriving at this point. I am also welcome to any suggestions on which platform I can file an official complaint against Virgin Media.

You are not alone!

I ordered 3 return kits and took screenshots of the confirmation page (all showing my home address), but nothing was ever received.

I posted on this forum and had a PM with an offer of help, I was told there was no record of any orders for a returns kit? I sent over the screenshots of my past orders but all I got told was one had now been ordered. Two weeks later, no returns kit.

More communication via PM and I was told an area manager had arranged for an engineer to collect the Hub yesterday, they never turned up!

Another private message today saying sorry about that, they didn't have time to collect yesterday and that it would be collected today, they never turned up again!

I received another PM this evening asking me to take it to some industrial estate a fair distance from my home (I don't drive) I declined to do that!

Virgin Media are billing me £65 this week for failure to return the Virgin Media Hub!!! I swear it's a scam and VM are making returns difficult to generate more revenue by billing customers for failure to return equiptment.

Re: Trying to cancel my broadband service "penalty...               

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry that is still the case mtby - I will send you over a private message so I can get this sorted. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi all,

Another update on the case;

I was contacted by Ryan_N through PM (06.04 Morning) to organise a collection from my work as the returns kit was clearly not being sent to my address. I was told Virgin would get back to me as soon as possible on the date for collection but I have not heard back from anyone since.

Given there is almost no trust on Virgin customer support at this point, I will be waiting until Monday morning for someone from Virgin to give me a precise date for collection of the Hub. Otherwise I will be writing to Virgin complaints asking for a deadlock letter and filing a compensation claim through CISAS (including asking for extra charges for the stress Virgin has put me through). 

Hello again,

To anyone who is going through the same pain of receiving a returns kit, you can actually print your own return label and drop it by a yodel collection spot.

The link to creating a label can be found below;

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin

My package was sent through this and I received an e-mail from Virgin confirming they received my kit. 

Apart from Emily from the phone customer service, not any of the 10+ virgin personnel I have spoken with mentioned that this was possible, and all the help they offered to get a returns kit sent or arrange a collection was absolutely useless.

I cannot express how happy I am to be done with Virgin media and I can say with confidence that I will never be using any of their services again.