cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retirement from VM

droffats
Tuning in

Hi All ,

After retiring from VM after 20+ years a while ago "the virgin Media team" have sent a letter stating I will not be getting My Rates anymore ,instead will receive mates rates discount ,which will start 60 days from the letter date (13/2/03) .

I was expecting to lose my rates so far enough, but it doesnt state what the price will be and I dont want a bad surprise.I will probably downgrade the package. I have rang various depts on 0345 454 1111 and no one from Bangalore seems to understand what mates rates are let alone help.

I cant log in to mates rates as I am no longer an emloyee and dont have a manager to do it .

Is there a number or email address or which option on the 1111 number should be able to help  

thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey droffats,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I have sent all information and the letter off as requested 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an update

My new bill date is in 6 days !

Hi droffats, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I can see you've already spoken with Steven via private message and he has gotten things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ok , so ive just spent 55 mins on the phone to customer service who at first just told me to email the my rates team , after a lot of explaining they got me a discounted deal for £81 a month which I rejected .They couldnt apply any mates rates discount so I have ceased the TV and land line and gone for 250mb only for £30 a month

Apparently all the deals offered on the vm website are for new customers only and not for those of us who have been with them for over 20 years ,so much for loyalty 

Hi @droffats,

If this is something that you've been discussing with my colleague via private message and that they've been helping you with there, please respond to their last message and they'll be happy to help you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@droffats wrote:

ok , so ive just spent 55 mins on the phone to customer service who at first just told me to email the my rates team , after a lot of explaining they got me a discounted deal for £81 a month which I rejected .They couldnt apply any mates rates discount so I have ceased the TV and land line and gone for 250mb only for £30 a month

Apparently all the deals offered on the vm website are for new customers only and not for those of us who have been with them for over 20 years ,so much for loyalty 

Customer Service or Retentions Team? If its the first then forget it. You need the Leaving Virgin option to stand any chance of hope on your package price. I've posted some tips on haggling with them on other posts if you search as they are vital to a good deal being done.