cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repeated billing after request to leave ignored

shengus
Joining in

I tried to resolve this via official complaints but 5 were closed where the text of my complaint was ignored and nothing was actioned. I spent a lot of time in NOvember 2022 trying to request cancellation of all services via call and web chat but this was never picked up so eventually wrote a letter by recorded delivery asking for cancellation. Virgin received this on the 23rd November - I have the receipt of delivery. Nothing appeared aknoweleding this on the account so I logged my first official complaint which was closed with a letter that made clear they hadn't read the complaint text.

The TV duly stopped working on the 27th December suggesting they had actioned a notice period. Billing ignored this and I was billed in january and february with £110 taken out of my account for January service. After 3 further complaints I eventualyl managed to raise someone on webchat, then into whatsapp chat. This took a ffull half day of wasted time. The webchat agent admitte, on the 20th of January, that they did receive my instruction to cancel:

"Sorry Richard and I apologize for the late response. I've double checked your account and confirmed that your account is supposed to be disconnected on December. However our backoffice did not process the disconnection that's why your account is still active on our system. Do not worry, we fixed the issue that's why you do not have a bill to pay but instead will receive a refund of £36.89. Please disregard the bill that you received for february and expect the refund to appear in your account within 7 business days."

This wasnt actioned. Another bill appeared at the end of February.

You cannot keep taking my money for service I have asked you to cease after the notice period. The final insult is I can no longer raise online complaints. I requested a deadlock letter so I could go to the ombudman. Ignored. I want my money refunded - I cannot afford to lend Virgin money because customer service is under resourced and incompetent.

HIghly amused (not) that virgin continute to manage to call me to try and offer me discounts.

It should not be this difficult to leave. It is beyond parody that you have now closed 4 or 5 official compaints but just ignored what they say. It is utterly outrageous that you took money for incorrectly issued bills and appear to be uninterested in discussing returning it, but are very keen to remind me that you'll bill me for the kit if I don't return it.

8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello shengus

It's disappointing to hear of the experience regarding the cancellation and subsequent billing of the account, we can understand the frustration and confusion this has caused and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

From checking we can see this was addressed and explained in a letter sent to you on the 19th January 2023 as a resolution to your complaint, did you receive this letter or follow any of the option contained within? 

If you still have the complaint reference you can check it online here

Rob

shengus_0-1677188220684.png

Thanks for the reply. I cannot review any of the complaints at the link you advised. Snapshot attached. The letter I received that you referred to was incorrect. It suggest that I had only signalled a request to cancel by trying to port my landline number. It did not aknowledge my letter requesting cancellation. I now know that you did receive this on the 23rd November not only because of royal mail's recepted delivery but because a virgin service agent on whatsapp admitted as much, noted that it had not been properly actioned in error and committed to this being resolved. I posted the text in my rant above. I have the sevice agent's name but its obviously impolite to post that on a public forum. It remains unresolved.

30 days notice of request to cancel ended at the end of December. Billing still assumes cancellation date is 19th Feb. This needs to be resolved.

Hi @shengus thanks for your reply here and I'm sorry this is still ongoing for you.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to see anything confirming what you have suggested in terms of the disconnection, are you able to provide a screenshot please of the webchat agent confirming that the disconnection should have been processed?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It was Whatsapp rather than webcaht. I have sent as PM (as I'm uncomfotable posting the chat agent's name to a public forum).

Date of exchange was 20/1/2023

Hi @shengus thanks for your reply. 

Apologies, I appreciate you did PM me which I returned, but I can appreciate why you have done this now.

Please allow me to invite you to a PM conversation so we can discuss this further, kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Should note for anyone reading that this does now appear to be resolved. With thanks to the team who go in touch and investigated after my post.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shengus,

Thank you for messaging with us, I am glad we have sorted this for you, and please reach out again if you have any questions.

Zoie