Menu
skintin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

removed loyalty conversation

I noticed that the loyalty conversation had been removed from this forum. So i thought i would repost with an update.

Like many of the people on this board, I have been with this cable provider for over 20 years,(Telewest customer). I was so upset when I spoke to there customer service advisor. The man was virtually shouting at my down the phone(loudspeaker on phone) when i decided that i had had enough of this unequal situation. Loyalty has now disappeared with this company. I currently pay £123.00 for there full house service and noticed that they were offering a deal for £79. I tried to get this deal and they immediately dropped my package to £99. When i said i wanted the £79 price and mentioned the length of time and prompt payments, the man said i got my loyalty bonus when i joined VM. That was 20+ years ago.

Another thing that i have found wrong with this, is in previous years, once i questioned the price. They have shifted me onto cheaper plans without cancelling my account and services. In fact they have done this on 3 occasions.

I have cancelled my services which was the top package, made some enquiries to sky live chat and they were offering me virtually the same package minus the top speed on broadband, but there top speed for £66 for 18 months. plus they will pay my final bill from VM upto £100

Just so disappointed in VM after all these years, let down by customer service and the way the man spoke to my wife. So lets do the maths

So lets say my initial start up was £79 multiply that by say 10 years which is 79 x 120 months = £9480 (rough calculation)

Then lets say my bill increased by £5 every year after that for 10 years till the present day. 

year 11 £1008

year 12 £1068

year 13 £1128

year 14 £1188

year 15 £1248

year 16 £1308

year 17 £1368

year 18 £1428

year 19 £1488

So VM as you can see with the rough maths, that you have had quite a bit of cash out of me. However, this looks like it is about to stop with the cancellation of my account. So for the pleasure of using your services, which i have paid handsomely over the years it looks like we are about to have a conscious uncoupling for the sake of giving me a deal that is cheaper.

Guess what? 20 mins after posting this, my mobile phone goes and its only VM, Renegotiated a better deal. Not quite the £79 deal but close enough, giving a saving of £38 a month.

Why do we need to play these games?

Actually, VM are missing a trick here....hold on lets offer all our existing customers this deal, but they need to sign up for 18 months. No more bad press for 18 months.....plus its great PR. I can just imagine Martin Lewis giving his thumbs up to this deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: removed loyalty conversation

this "Removed" post?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/No-customer-loyalty/m-p/3912390#M94...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
skintin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yip that's the one. I had to search for it too!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You might be shocked to learn this, but when someone else makes a post it goes to the top of the forum and your post goes down 1. It means your post isn’t always at the top! It doesn’t mean your post is deleted.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i had better start this - with respect

so with respect - why are these arguments so one sided - like you i have been with VM and its earlier incarnations for a long time - i was one of the first to sign up in this area 20 years or so ago 

like you i have paid increasing amounts over the years - also like you i have negotiated price decreases on occasion and have been happy - on other occasions i had to accept their price

so again like you i have paid the lots of money over that 20 years

BUT and there is always a but - they provided me with internet access and a phone line which i used at my convenience 

its a 2 way street

Tony