cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund

DT87
Joining in

Hi, I recently called regarding being charged by my old service provider for 3 months after I had cancelled my account. (All notes should be on my account) I was told to contact someone on the live chat to provide proof of the billing so that I can be refunded by virgin as they were supposed to cancel my previous account but did not. I can't find any live chat selection nor any direct message to any customer services?

Could someone please advise where I can send proof of my billing so I can be rufunded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DT87 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you were charged for your services for 3 months after you should have been.  When you say that we did not cancel those services, do you mean we did not bring your telephone number from your former provider?  As the phone is the only service we can cancel and that is because we require the landline to be active in order to be able to complete the transfer.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DT87 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you were charged for your services for 3 months after you should have been.  When you say that we did not cancel those services, do you mean we did not bring your telephone number from your former provider?  As the phone is the only service we can cancel and that is because we require the landline to be active in order to be able to complete the transfer.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Yes I was told by Talk Talk that virgin should've cancelled the service once my phone line was up and running but that did not happen. I have spoken to customer services on the phone and they have said I can get a refund for the phone line for the 3 months I was overcharged which is £19 a month equalling £57. Please see below proof of my talk talk phone charges.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 20.11.29.png

Regards

Mr D.Thompson

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin would only be able to cancel your services if you requested a number port

Also your picture contains your phone number and has been rejected, please remove the number and repost it 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi DT87,

Thanks for getting back to us,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm