Menu
Fellsman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

refund

My contract with Virgin Media was terminated on September 30th 2019 after being a customer for ten years.

I am owed £34.72 by Virgin which includes £14.00 deducted in error in July 2019 and still not credited back at the time the contracted was terminated.

As I have kept my phone number I am now unable to contact Virgin Media by dialling 150 so I used another number supplied by them 08454----the conversation took 22 minutes and cost me £3.90 I was enquiring about my refund.

On October 9th 2019 Iwas told by Nathan that all the equipment had been received back by Virgin Media on 13th September and a cheque had been despatched to me on 7th October.

This cannot be true as it is now October 16th 2019 which is 46 days after the contract was terminated and 35 days after Virgin Media received all their equipment back and I have still not received my refund from Virgin Media.

How can this be right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: refund

Hi there @Fellsman

Welcome to our Community Forums and for your first post - so sorry that you have left us and are awaiting your cheque refund. 

We currently not do not have an 0845 number - these were ceased a few years ago now. You can call us on 03454541111 if you do not have a VirginMedia landline or mobile. Calls to our 0345 number are charged the same as calling an 01 or 02 number and are usually included in many phone tariffs. 

The amount credited back by cheque will be listed on the final bill that we send you - this is usually posted out around 10 days after your account has closed. A cheque will be produced around 35 days after your account has closed and then we advise to allow around 10 days for delivery. 

Going from your post where you advise your account was closed on 30th September, you should expect your cheque around 13th November. 

Equipment returns and charges are separate from your final bill amount and charges. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fellsman
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Katie,
I have made a mistake with the date of account termination: the account was terminated on August 31st 2019. And the rest of the posting including the time waiting is correct. It is 46 days since the account was terminated and I should have received the refund last week as advised by Nathan.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Fellsman

Thanks for confirming the disconnection date 🙂 

So if the disconnection date was 31st August, you should be expecting your cheque any day now actually. 

If it had been batched on the 7th October, we would aim to have this in the post within 48 hours of this and then we allow up to 10 days for delivery.

Please do pop back if you have not received anything by Friday and we can chase that up for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fellsman
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Saturday 19th October.  It is now 49 days since my contract with Virgin Media ended and I still have not received my refund. I was told by Nathan at Virgin Media it had been posted out to me on October 7th.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fellsman, I am sorry you've not received the cheque. 

Going from your dates given, it can take 10 working days, which takes us to Monday 21st October, for it to arrive. 

Please let me know when you've checked the post Monday, and we can chase this up.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos