cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we can't confirm your username"

ben__ward
Joining in

I've been trying to change the email on my virgin media account for months now and every time it says "Sorry, we can't confirm your username" and i don't know what to do next

52 REPLIES 52

Hello Lisa!

Thank you for your reply!

Sure! I opened an account with VM’s predecessors yonks ago, and at some point I was assigned a blueyonder email address that was associated with my account. I wasn’t able to access any online services with you, so I requested a new password this week. I accessed my VM account (not the blueyonder email account - which I’ve never looked at) online, no problems, but every time I logged in, I was taken to a page that asked me to update my account details. I took the opportunity to change the email address associated with my account, and received an email to confirm my username. When I click on that, I receive the error message:

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

Sorry, but we're having a few technical problems, and we can't confirm your username at the moment. We're working on it, so please try again later.

I’ve tried this a few times but no luck. Any help gratefully received! Thank you!

Thanks for the extra details, it's a bit clearer now 🙂

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can check the details we have and get you back in.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa! 🙂

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue and am unable to confirm my username change. I have followed the link in the email but no luck. Can someone please assist?

Thanks

Hello ahunt

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello ahunt

Thanks for those details 

I have had to pass this fault onto our IT Team 

They will have a look at things and get you the ability to log in 

One thing I need to ask you to do is

Make sure the your details are correct, Name etc 

Then change log in password and try TV GO again

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Unfortunately it is still not working after changing password - I'm still not able to log in to TV Go or Connect.

How will the IT Team get in touch?

Thanks

Sorry that didn't work ahunt

In an ideal scenario the Team call the customer 

However if that doesn't happen 

I have your account details and will keep an eye on things

Any updates, I will pop back on here 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Has there been any progress on this? I've still not heard anything.

I can now login but it tells me I have no channels available and need to upgrade. I have the ultimate oomph package so this is clearly wrong.

Thanks

Hey @ahunt,

I have looked into your account and can see that this has been raised to our support team, who will be in touch with you very soon to finally get this fixed for you. 

Regards

Steven_L