cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we can't confirm your username"

ben__ward
Joining in

I've been trying to change the email on my virgin media account for months now and every time it says "Sorry, we can't confirm your username" and i don't know what to do next

52 REPLIES 52

ashakom
Joining in

Hi I am also having the same issue as discussed in the thread. Can someone from Virgin media please get in touch with me to rectify this. Many thanks

Hello ashakom
Sorry to hear this 
I Will need to send you a private message to pass security first though 
If you are happy to go ahead with this just check the purple envelope top right of your screen 
Speak soon 
Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, I have replied.

Thanks for those details ashakom

I have had to raise this with our IT Team. 

It can take a few days to get fixed 

As soon as I have an update I will let you know

Gareth_L

Back again ashakom

Can you please try logging in now

You will need to reset the password though before hand

Gareth_L

Thanks so much Gareth for such a speedy response and fixing the problem. It's all fine now. Great work!

Hi there!

Adding onto the end of this thread as I have the same issue, hopefully this is the right place. I've phoned support twice now, and they walked me through the initial steps from this forum article, however still no joy.

If it helps in the diagnosis, when clicking on the 'please confirm your new username' 'send me the email', it's very slow to come through, I don't know if that's part of the issue. 

Any help you could give would be appreciated! 

Hi serveradmin

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi there - I’m having the same issue as the folks in this thread. Please could someone help? Thanks.

Hi gaz292929,

Sorry to hear you're having problem also with your online account. Can you give us more information about what you're trying to do and at which step you're getting the error? Also have you tried a different browser and made sure that the details you've entered are correct?

Please give us more information that is specific to you so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa