cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we can't confirm your username"

ben__ward
Joining in

I've been trying to change the email on my virgin media account for months now and every time it says "Sorry, we can't confirm your username" and i don't know what to do next

52 REPLIES 52

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post Ben_Ward and welcome to our community.

Could we please confirm if you're using the correct email as the username to do this? As the message showing would suggest that the email you're inputting isn't registered on the My Virgin Media systems. 

Thank you, Emily.

hello, the original email account i am trying to change from is "[MOD EDIT: Removed]@blueyonder.co.uk" and I'm trying to change to "[MOD EDIT: Removed]@gmail.com". when i get the email to change my username to "[MOD EDIT: Removed]@gmail.com" the link doesn't work and the error message is;

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

Sorry, but we're having a few technical problems, and we can't confirm your username at the moment. We're working on it, so please try again later.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update, we do advise removing your emails from the previous post to keep your information secure. 

Could we please confirm if you're logging into your account and going through the 'Change my details' option in here? You should then receive an email which will detail on the next steps to do this. 

Let us know if this message is showing through this method and we can advise further if needed.

Thank you, Emily.

i go to my details then click the change button next to the old email address and i type my new one in and i receive an email a few minutes later, when i click the link to verify that's when the error message appears.

Hi ben__ward

Can you confirm if this happens on multiple broswers? 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

ive tried it on multiple browsers and it comes up the same error message

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know, ben__ward.

Does the new email you're changing it to include any special characters, such as +?

Thanks,

Rachael

No it just contains  letters and numbers

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ben_ward,

Sorry you are still having issues with this. I will pop you over a private message so we can have a look at this. Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Zoie_P