Menu
Trojan80
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"Oops, something's gone wrong!" Every Time I Try To Log In To My Virgin Account

Hi

Ive just moved to a new address and i am getting "oops something has gone wrong" when i try and sign into my virgin media for my new account that was created for my new address. This happens even after ive entering a new password when prompted to enter one on the padsword change screen.

Also ive activated my router 3.0 (taken from old address) at new address but im not getting wifi.

I work in IT support so im ok with techie stuff but no idea why this is not working.

Also confused why i was told by live chat that my current contract length (7 months left) would carry on to new address (complying with recent OFCOM agreement) but i was emailed a new 12 month contract which i signed thinking ive got to because its been emailed to me. I cant sign into my account to check this.

I do hope the kind people of virgin community can help me out as ive just moved house which was understandbly stressfull enough and now this has happened causing me more stress 😢

0 Kudos
Cjdamon042
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Oops, something's gone wrong!" Every Time I Try To Log In To My Virgin Account

This exact thing is happening to me right now as well.

Spoke with web chat last Friday about my move and they updated the address and everything, sent out a quick start pack despite me bringing everything over with me to my new place.

I signed that contract email as well, can see a direct debit email about my info being carried over and got my new account number in a billing email.

Signed up with the new account info but I always get the "we're having troubles signing you in" error. I thought it might be incorrect log in details but get an error page whenever I try to make a new password.

I can't even log in to my old account. Literally don't know what to do and web chat is obviously unavailable. I could try phoning but you know...

0 Kudos
Trojan80
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Oops, something's gone wrong!" Every Time I Try To Log In To My Virgin Account

Lets keep in touch here and help each other out to get this sorted.  

Added noted i can still log into my old account that was for my old address but it just says "you have left virgin media" which i kind of expected and i would guess after 90 days my access to this old account would cease.

You would imagine it should be more simple to move a person from one place to another but i guess not (been with virgin media for many many years too)

Teamwork makes the dreamwork Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Cjdamon042
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah yeah I was able to log into my old account and see that message as well, but since signing up with the new details I've been unable to.

Part of me thinks it might have been because I used the same log in details for both, but you'd think they'd have measures against that if it would cause issues.

0 Kudos
Trojan80
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

quick update, ive spoken to a lovely guy in the tech team who has assured me that after a reboot my wifi should be up and running and that within 48 hours my new account should properly be working with the new email address i registed with it. 

We shall see, fingers crossed.

Hope is high, Confidence Low!

0 Kudos
Trojan80
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had to use a different email address on the new account did you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Trojan80 wrote:

I had to use a different email address on the new account did you?

Inevitably an IT (profiling/billing/account) issue that ForumTeam can escalate for you....   

FWIW I also still have same error popup on my  "primary email"  (and all the other 14. secondary email id's!)  during the last several years!

In my "scenario"  I suspect the  problem is due to multiple trials I've participated in during last decade on this website,  so perhaps worth enquiring whether you have participated  in aTrial(albeit you haven't registered until 21/1/19 !!! on this userid?  ) 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trojan

I've picked this up for you on your other thread:

Moved house been emailed new contract - Broadband not activating

If you can pop back to me there that would be fab.

I'll close this down down as a duplicate.

cheers

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos