cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem creating an account

Dot8
Joining in

Have just moved home and got a new account When I try to register with my name, account number and area code i keep getting enter valid Captcha. Have tried different web browsers but no success. This means i cannot view my bills  Any help would be appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dot8,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to create a new My Virgin Media account after moving address. I hope you're settling into your new home nicely.

I know that you're receiving a Captcha error, but have you checked that all your details are correct? Have you also tried using a different email address than the one you had set up with your other account?

We'd also recommend trying this on another device if you haven't already.

Let us know

Beth

Hi Beth

Thanks for your kind reply

When I go to my virgin media to create the account the only options shown are 

Last Name

Account Number

Area Code

Then I tick the Captcha box get a green tick 

I then hit register and get told to enter a valid captcha

I have not got as far as entering an e mail address

Out of interest if I sign in with my old details it takes me to the account that was closed on the 19th January the new account should have started on the 22nd January

Any further help would be appreciated 

kind regards

Dot8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Have you tried this on another device?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis

Even tried to install the my virgin media app on my tablet think it keeps linking back to my old account which should have been closed.

Tried a call centre again  and was told my e mail had not been carried over to the new account

Asked to be transferred to the accounts department to confirm old account had been closed and new one opened but was told I could not be transferred

Also since the new services  have been installed I have not had on demand or catch up. Engineer has been out 3 times changed the box and still no different. Engineers all say it is an account issue but call centres keep trying to send out an engineer

Feel that I am just going round in circles

regards

Dot8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dot8

I'm going to drop you a private message, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs