cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price rises

jls
On our wavelength

Received e mail saying price increase of £21.50.My bill states Bigger bundle + sports £138 Television

tivo monthly fee sky sports collection,virgin tv v6 box powered by tivo,maxit tv 1 additional tv box

Broadband

discount,m350 fibre broadband.

Telephone

multi talk 1000,talk more anytime,voicemail (free) telephone line rental.

Promotions and discounts £21.Package £117

I rang retentions to get a breakdown of individual costs of package before i decide whether to cancel or not.Before any info given  i was offered everything for £111.I still asked for breakdown, which caused great consternation, took 20 mins but was told tv package costs £87,broadband £62 and telephone £52.55.Thanked him and ended call.Then realised that the figures given came to over £200.Short of going through it all again can anyone tell me roughly what the correct figures are? Sky package works out at  £84.50 but broadband is ,of course,far slower.Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jls thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 🙂

Regarding your query of the bill breakdown, some things need to be clarified beforehand.
E.g. When you have a landline and broadband package, the two are presented together on our end so we can't breakdown how much each single service is, based off the information provided, usually they are a dual offer, so when both are selected, the system will allow for a discount to be placed or a greater one if not already there.
When taking out a bundle or package with more services, the bigger the discounts are, which is why not all prices will match up / even out.

I hope this has clarified.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jls
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply.It is probably me but that is as clear as mud.As stated your call centre operative,after a struggle,gave me the costs of my package item by item.This was clearly wrong.My contact runs until July this year when my discount ends and my package will then cost £138 plus the increase of £21.50 making the cost £159.50.If i were a new subscriber the cost of my package would be £60. I have been with you for many,many years and while i know that loyalty means nothing to Virgin why would you expect me to pay £100 more than a new subsciber for the same package?Sky are offering £84.50 can you come close to this?And yes i  know that the broadband speed is slower.

Hi @jls,

As we offer a bundle of services at discounted prices, there is no breakdown of the bill per service. It would be an overall package cost. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jls
On our wavelength

Well must admit Virgin have come through.Rang 150 spoke to a very helpful and understanding lady and i explained that i could not afford £160 per month She asked me to hang on for a moment,came back and said  how does £87.50 a month over 18 months sound? Thanked her very very much so ,happily,i am still with Virgin.

unisoft
Well-informed

@jls wrote:

Well must admit Virgin have come through.Rang 150 spoke to a very helpful and understanding lady and i explained that i could not afford £160 per month She asked me to hang on for a moment,came back and said  how does £87.50 a month over 18 months sound? Thanked her very very much so ,happily,i am still with Virgin.

Just so you have all the facts for you to feel satisfied in your decision:

• You have 14 days to change your mind on that package commitment for 18 months.
  • You new contract will be labelled as "discount" on it, meaning no shying away from 2024 price increase.

Beginning April 2024 price increases will be calculated yearly by:

• The RPI published in February that year PLUS an additional 3.9% on top
  • Calculated on your FULL package price not any discount/retention deal price

The exit contract term without penalty OfCom rule will no longer apply as the T&C's were changed to notify the formula used each year.

every broadband company does that ? 

Hey jls, thank you for reaching out and we are really happy to hear this. 

If you ever need any help in the near future you know where we are and I hope you have a lovely rest of the day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

every broadband company does that ? 

Most people think the 13.8% is calculated on their CURRENT discounted package price. Time and time again, questions come up as people can't do the math based on their current (discounted) price.

In terms of every broadband company question; I don't know the policies of every BB supplier out there, but I do know a number do not do mid-contract price rises.

Mrke
On our wavelength
How would one find out which BB suppliers do not raise prices mid-contract please?