cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

price rise and loyalty expiring

cybmole
Community elder

so I have a letter saying price rise 1st march £3.50 , but I also have a £15 loyalty discount which expires mid year

should I renegotiate now, or swallow the price rise and wait till loyalty is about to expire .

i have BB vivid 200, TV ( basic tivo- for the wife) , landline ( unused)

don't really want to upgrade anything, happy to ditch the landline but last time I asked that made the package price go up, not down! 

( forum staff came to my rescue and arranged the loyalty bonus , 1year+ ago )

9 REPLIES 9

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cybmole

Sorry to read this.

We are n longer able to assist with package changes, discounts etc on here any more 

Our messaging service is a dedicated support line where you can discuss your issues by SMS text. We’re on hand to deal with any of the queries you’d normally call us to discuss.

Just send us a text, with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

understood. pity because the previous staff help was really good.

so here's my situation. i have vivid 200, Hub 3 ( want to keep those), basic Tivo and TV ( wife wants to keep those),and a  Landline which we have stopped using. we have the cheapest call weekends package with that.

wife does not want an upgrade to V6- she hates tech  changes. so unless that is actually cheaper? we keep the tivo, keep her happy.

paying £44 after a £15 loyalty discount that expires mid year. facing a £3.50 price rise 1st march

VM customers for 30+years

so q1 is should I try to get a new deal before 1st march price rise or just accept that I will end up paying that, one way or another.

& do i start that conversation by SMS now, or by calling retentions ?

bikerz
On our wavelength

go text route now, you might wait a while, but they will respond. they will be able to give you deal right now, just like me this morning - after march rise i will be paying 20% less that currently for the exact same package!

cybmole
Community elder

i just about understand how to send a text, but i never do!

I use my mobile only for incoming calls, SMS codes.and as a mobile internet backup for if ever virgin BB goes down.

its not a virgin mobile so what do i include in an SMS to identify myself, and how many characters do i have to ask for a deal.

any sort of "templete for dummies" would be great..

i should be able to find my contract number, I think its in the My VM web pages

Hello cybmole

If you just send a text to the number, a Bot will ask you the relevant questions to route you to the next available agent 

What phone do you have?

Gareth_L

i understand, thanks. so i don't need my contract number to hand, for the next bot in line ?

my phone is a moto G6 play, android smartphone

Hello cybmole 

You will need your account number 

Gareth_L

tried the sms route, no dice

says i have a great discount, but she cant extend it, and i lose it if i change the package, so no help really.

said ask again in July as i have £15 loyalty until august

don't understand why you guys have a rule that says don't extend loyalty deals. is loyalty not worth anything after that ?

all i wanted was a simple exchange - I keep on being loyal, & keep paying for the obsolete TIvo, you keep my price steady. .. but NO.

may end up talking to SKy in July.

update on this FYI. i waited until I was out of contract for a couple of months, then called again for best price, saying I did not need landline & would consider ditching TV also, but I needed a new deal before august when the discount was due to expire.

retentions  offered me all the services I had already on a new 18 month contract, at the old ( with loyalty discount ) price !. i.e. the deal that they were unable to offer 3 months earlier. they said that was cheaper than any new package. 

dunno if that's because of new VM owners changing the rules or what.

anyway i said yes please, someone pressed a couple of buttons and I am on  a new, good deal. for 18 months. we just continue to ignore the landline and don't bother to answer it. wife likes the old TIVO for recording stuff in the lounge and I don't watch tv -so we are both happy.  we have sky Q upstairs. there's only the 2 of us so we don't need all the multi room bells n whistles. netflix, prime video etc have built in resume watching  in a different room options  anyway.