cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password for telephone support

duke_sc
Tuning in

Hi,

How do I change the password I'm asked when I phone 150 for support?  It seems to be different from the one I use when I log in to the virginmedia.com site, but I can't find where to change it for when I phone virginmedia with a problem.

I just had to make a support call and when asked for the usual 1st 3rd and 5th character the guy said I'd given him the wrong replies.  Of course it may just be that he didn't understand what I was saying.

Cheers,

Robert

39 REPLIES 39

Hi @prestondrove,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble speaking with the team. May I ask why it is that you're making contact with them?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

Following a terrible Customer Experience with us not remembering the telephone support password, could I also request a reset of the password

Much appricated

John & Julie

Hi @Buttshill

Welcome back the community. 

Sorry to hear of your poor customer experience with us. This is disappointing to hear. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Well the poor service continues.

I have received a bill for my Virgin mobile, when I log on to Virgin mobile app - no bills. So we phone customer service and even though we reset our password (after going through telephone hell) sometime ago, it was not correct. So we answered other security questions and finally got past security. First order of business was to reset our password for the telephone. DONE. Then queried why I could not see my mobile bill in the Virgin Mobile App. after lots of confusing discussions it turns out that my FA account is not registered with the Mobile. Then without warning the person puts us through to A .N. Other person. this person asks for the password. Yippee we set it 10 mins earlier so we gave them the correct characters and it failed.

How can a password reset fail after 10 minutes. the service guy apparently did a password update force but still the same issue.

What diabolical service from VM, how on earth do we set our password if the person on the other end in Virgin Mobile entered it and it is not the same as we gave her?

Hi @Buttshill thanks for your post here in the Community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Password resets can take up to 30 minutes to reset through the system so it's possible this is why this didn't work when you were transferred through to an agent.

Have you managed to get this resolved since your post here, since it's had time to reset?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes, I did get it sorted. The person who entered the password entered a extra character.

Hello Buttshill,

Thanks for the update, Good to hear it's all sorted now for you, 

If you need anything else were only a message away.

Gareth_L

Hello,

I am having the same issue as many of the other users, I have my password to log into my account but I do not know the memorable password to speak to someone. I have been trying all day but have no idea how to get through to someone.

Are you able to assist?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @chrisk147 

The passcode isn't the same as your account password, it's the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update it by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much, that is perfect