cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password for telephone support

duke_sc
Tuning in

Hi,

How do I change the password I'm asked when I phone 150 for support?  It seems to be different from the one I use when I log in to the virginmedia.com site, but I can't find where to change it for when I phone virginmedia with a problem.

I just had to make a support call and when asked for the usual 1st 3rd and 5th character the guy said I'd given him the wrong replies.  Of course it may just be that he didn't understand what I was saying.

Cheers,

Robert

39 REPLIES 39

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for that - I've been through some checks from here and we need to send you a replacement. I have arranged for one to be sent to the account address and this should be with you by Wednesday.

Please keep us posted with how things go with the new Hub. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Ok!Thank you for your help.
Regards 

Seb

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all Seb (@Raseb)

Your order should appear within your online account shortly. If you've not received anything by Wednesday, please do pop back and let us know and we can have a check on your account from here for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Hollie

How do I get a password reminder sent out?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LesleyCrampton, I can help get that sorted. Just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

Hello,

Can I also get a password reminder sent out, please?

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @angleon,

Thanks for your message - I can help with getting you a reminder letter sent out.

I'll send you a private message to confirm a few details, please look out for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi I have the same problem, the person I spoke to on the help line asked alternative security questions but could not tell me the password. I am still having problem with receiving email and need to contact help again.

HI @harry201 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with receiving emails.  And also having issues accessing your account when calling in.  I would like to help you resolve these.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi there - I can see that people are getting support for checking/replacing their Telephone Support password/memorable word. I don't see any other way to do this on My Virgin Media, so I can please get similar support through this forum? I have recently called up Customer Support and the phone password I thought I had written down is incorrect - can I please either get a reminder sent to me OR a way to update the password? Out of curiosity having to get this account support through a community post seems a bit strange, is there no standard help process documented for this that is available on the main pages or even part of an FAQ?

Thanks Fiona