cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password for telephone support

duke_sc
Tuning in

Hi,

How do I change the password I'm asked when I phone 150 for support?  It seems to be different from the one I use when I log in to the virginmedia.com site, but I can't find where to change it for when I phone virginmedia with a problem.

I just had to make a support call and when asked for the usual 1st 3rd and 5th character the guy said I'd given him the wrong replies.  Of course it may just be that he didn't understand what I was saying.

Cheers,

Robert

39 REPLIES 39

Hi Jrospen95,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are unable to change the order to include air-pods, this isn't something we can do.

You would need to speak to our sales team on 789.

Kind regards

Paul.

Thank you for your reply. 

In order todo this they keep asking me for the over the phone password. Am I able to get a reminder of my password sent to me at all please? 

Thanks 

Hi Jrospen95,

We wouldn't be able to do this however you will get a reminder.

Kind regards

Paul.

This is very useful. Which number do I need to text to change the password for a broadband service?

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Are you referring to the memorable word - also known as password on the account to pass data protection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello, i have the same issue could i please have a reminder letter as my landline number was never switched over to my old number i need my password to be able to do it. thank you 

Hi Ryan94,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues speaking to us about your number due to being unable to clear security.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Raseb
Joining in

Hi

I have the same issue could I please have a reminder letter as my hub 2 stopped working and i need to replace a new one.

Thanks 

Seb

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Raseb

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your broadband Hub currently. Data protection is not needed for fault support - anyone can call us and chat with us about a fault they may be having. 

If Security is needed and the account holder is not sure what the memorable word may be, we can then go ahead and ask security questions instead. These will be based around your account information and bill. Once you have passed security, you can then reset the memorable word. 

Now, I have located your account from your forum information to go through some checked; your HUb is currently showing as offline. Can you confirm if it's indeed plugged in and switched on for us before we go ahead with any further checks? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi

It’s plugged in just now.

Power lights on blue

Arrow lights green

Ready lights off

Both WiFi lights on blue

• I haven't had internet for two weeks