Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpaying

Vytas000
Joining in

Hi

Can someone explain me how it works?

What is the reason why I'm overpaying for my broadband?

Need to be sorted or I'll be pushed to different ISP...

My bill for broadbandMy bill for broadbandMy connection speedMy connection speedOffer for new customers

5 REPLIES 5

Vytas000
Joining in

new customer offers

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't think of it as overpaying think of it as underpaying when you were a new customer 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vytas000

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about your issue, if you click on 'View bill' this will offer a breakdown of all the costs included - if you would like to discuss further please contact our team on 150 [from any VM mobile or landline] or 0345 454 1111 and they will be happy to look at your package with you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If so, then simple solution go as new customer to another ISP. 🙄

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're halfway to a retentions negotiation, but are probably going about it the wrong way. The standard price for M100 broadband as a solus product is £44/month, but is often discounted in exchange for an 18month contract.

If you are prepared to disconnect your VM services in favour of an alternative provider, then you need to call VM retentions with prices of those alternate suppliers, and see what they'll offer you. An amicable negotiation may just get you a good outcome.

If you can't come to an agreeable price, then make sure your new services are installed before VM is disconnected - else you won't have an internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks